Would it be horrible/illegal if I...

Quote:
Ya I think Im going with the Guineas.

Guineas? What Guineas? I raise chickens, not Guineas.....(scratching head) I wonder where in the world they came from............
lol.png

yuckyuck.gif

Guineas what guineas. Oh those birds. I thought they were wild. I was trying to tame them by feeding them. I didn't know what they were. I just felt sorry for them so I let them eat with the chickens. They was here when I got here!

I guess I'm going to express an unpopular opinion .
Yes , its most probably illegal and IMO just plain wrong to release birds or animals of any sort on another person's property without the owner's permission . If the other property is tick infested , don't trespass nor allow your own animals to wander off your own property ; buy some guineas and keep them on your own property for tick control . While it may be tempting to use that fifty acres for your own pleasure , the simple fact is it is not yours for free ranging your animals . If by some chance those domestic guinea do not fall victom to predators or disease and do manage to establish a breeding population , you will be creating a problem for yourself . Feral poultry can and do spread disease and pests to domestic poultry that do not have the generations of natural selection to develope immunity or resistence .
I do not like ticks , I underwent treatment for Lymes last fall . If I'm successful in purchasing an acreage in the area where I picked up that deer tick , I'm not going to be free ranging a flock of guineas on other people's property just because they are not using it .

Back
Top Bottom