Would You Be Mad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

For-The-Love-Of-Chickens

Songster
10 Years
Apr 8, 2009
Washington State
I am really upset right now, but am trying hard not to show it. I applied for a part time job at the retirement home that my DH works at (totally different department). Anyway, I was given an interview on Friday of last week and was told a decision would be made Monday or Tuesday. I did not get the job.

I was railroaded by my DH, who sent another application down to be considered. She is a SAHM who is looking to get back into the work force after 13 years. No previous experience. He felt bad for her because he wouldn't hire her for a caregiving position. She got the job.

I am a SAHM who is looking to get back into the work force after 13 years. I have worked at this retirement home before. I know many of the employees and the residents. I know that I often get insider information that would not be available to others, and that is how I know it was between me and her.

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted this job.

DH told me that the managers in the department I applied for were confused by him submitting another application.

Anyway, I feel hurt. Would you be mad?

Last edited:
Yes. It is like a form of betrayal. Maybe he thought he was doing a good deed, but still it stinks since it affected YOUR ability to get that job. So sorry. Just chalk it up to dunderhead husbands.

Of course. I don't blame the managers for being confused. I'm picturing myself as a manager, and a husband submitting another application would say to me that he knows something about the wife that might make her not an ideal employee. Kudos to you for not ripping your DH to shreds.

Wow, I would be ticked. I just got a temporary job working a punch press machine in a metal shop. DH is my boss. He talked to me about doing it before he hired someone else, I was thrilled!

That's not dunderheadedness...that's straight up sabotage.

He either doesn't really want you to get back into the workforce, or maybe he just doesn't want you working where he works.

That last part probably sounds a little sinister, but it's not necessarily so.. There are a few husbands and wives who work where I work, and I always look at that situation and think......I dunno how they do that.......far too weird.

Pass one another in the hall and not know whether to go "Hey sweetums!" or "Hey, jerk!"....or do you have to be like "Hello, esteemed colleague, how are you today?"

Just out of curiosity...and you totally don't have to answer...but did you ask how he would feel about you working where he works, or did you just submit the resume assuming he should be totally fine with it?

Quote:
on second thought, rip him to shreds. Family before friends. It's the way it is. I'd be livid.

Quote:
on second thought, rip him to shreds. Family before friends. It's the way it is. I'd be livid.

Well, when I say ripped to shreds, I mean it in the literal sense. My SO would be splattered against the walls of my house, I'd be so furious. Not normally something I'd suggest other people do.
tongue.png

The quote in your signature line seems like it would apply nicely here, though . . .
wink.png

Last edited:
So, does anybody care how the husband may have felt about what would come as a result of her being employed at his place of work, or is it just me?

Sheesh...

I mean, I see the potential for some valid concerns on his part here, even if it was handled....poorly, at best.

I could understand if he didn't want to work in the same place as his wife, but to promote someone other than his wife??????????? Sacrilege!!!!

I know I had a hard time working in the same place as my wife. Although she was my boss, it didn't seem to roll that way and I left after a couple of months to save the marriage. I do understand that not everyone can work together.

Quote:
Valid concerns such as?

pop.gif

If it were my SO and I truly had a problem with them working with me, I would talk to them like an adult, not pull a trick like this.
I am sorry, OP, for what happened.
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom