Wrapping Feet

Good thread because I have wrapped many a chicken foot but never had to do a duck yet. Always thought I would make a shoe first cut out of heavy cardboard or plastic container size of web wrap in tape then lay the foot on top then wrap because the foot would be flat on the shoe already.
Can you make a pair for lue lue my pekin water proof?

The subject of wrapping feet came up the other day so I thought I should start a thread where people can post pictures of how the wrap feet.

Here is one I found of a duck that had it's foot wrapped by a vet. To me it looks like there is a layer of gauze on the leg and foot that was then covered with Vetrap which has the duct tape on top.

The owner of the duck did their bandage changes with these items:
Great post and much needed information, my question now im thinking about how to wrap my pekins foot, how long should one keep the foot wrapped. If the wound has a scab and the duck is confined to a small duck house? The longer it stays wrapped the softer her foot will be. I've understood that a duck loses most of there heat through thier feet, is that true?

Well the first one looks like my little, except she doesnt have the blue feather bits... I still dont know what breed she is!
Cozies... you mean the can holders?

Back
Top Bottom