Wry neck adult hen how long for response after meds. Serious upside down head 3,4 days

I have a Crested head duck with Wry neck. He was one day old when I got him and did not recognize the problem for the first couple of weeks. This wonder site helped me. His head was upside down when I started treatment. It took probably a couple of weeks to slowly see an improvement. He did eat and drink on his own. Now almost one year old he stil has a crooked neck but functions fine. When sleeping while standing up he does put the top of his head down but he swims, eat and drinks fine.

I was just rereading your first thread about your hen. You can continue that thread with updates if you wish. Have you tried feeding as in the video I posted? Tube feeding temporarily may be something that you might want to learn.

It's tough to get a wry neck patient to eat since it's not easy to eat with the top of your head. You will need to tube feed for a few days to get her strong again so she can eat on her own. Can you get hold of oxygen tubing or aquarium tubing and a syringe that will fit it? That's the hard part. Feeding is the easy part.

Also, try doubling the E to twice a day. You can also give tumeric along with it to help with any inflammation.

Wryneck
Please advise how much food and water I can try to syringe on top tongue or what??? Please
Don’t know how long she can survive
When I try to feed holding neck she’s writhing all over days 6&7
Ate by herself day 5
Days 1-4 she ate herself when I held her writhing neck first few days
Now refusing
I give her Vit E, selenium, B vits 2x Adam by for squeezing gel tab and little bit others in syringe

I was just rereading your first thread about your hen. You can continue that thread with updates if you wish. Have you tried feeding as in the video I posted? Tube feeding temporarily may be something that you might want to learn.
I didn’t see video sorry and worried about the tube feeding don’t know how
But need to figure something out
Either she’s lost interest in eating because it’s so hard for her or she’s just totally given up
I’ve got her propped up in a box so her head is above heart

I didn’t see video sorry and worried about the tube feeding don’t know how
But need to figure something out
Either she’s lost interest in eating because it’s so hard for her or she’s just totally given up
I’ve got her propped up in a box so her head is above heart
Please post video again

Your two threads on this subject have now been combined. You have likely missed some comments. I suggest you go back to the beginning and read through your thread. All of the information you have been seeking is here in this thread.

Your two threads on this subject have now been combined. You have likely missed some comments. I suggest you go back to the beginning and read through your thread. All of the information you have been seeking is here in this thread.
I would like instructions on tube feeding please

Back
Top Bottom