wry neck

CaradineCousins

Songster
6 Years
Dec 29, 2015
Birmingham Alabama
I just noticed this last night. This morning I gave Poultry Cell water. Last week my older chick(s) marans were attacking it on the beak as you can tell in photo. Could this pecking and bleeding cause this. He was from shipped eggs that I have the worst case with, I was prepared that less than half would hatch but I only have one that hatched that is perfect. One hatched with both feet curled and would not eat or drink I syringe feed for 4 days it died on the 5th day. These are Salmon Faverolle's someone told me on here that this breed needs more vitamin nutrients than most other breeds. I get all kinds of excuses from the seller (if all but one hatchling has problems than I believe it's the parents feed more than my incubating skills) sorry I'm ranting but this little guy had a mild case of spraddle leg that righted itself. He's been eating drinking getting along with others, I only have 2 other chicks in with him and they are fine. Thanks for listening.....

in the photos the one on top was taken this morning the other a few days ago when I let them on the grass for a short time i really haven't noticed anything in his neck til last night but he has always been smaller than his sibling that hatched out a day before.

Attachments

• IMG_1581.JPG
    IMG_1581.JPG
    308.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1580 (2).JPG
    IMG_1580 (2).JPG
    730.4 KB · Views: 3
I don’t know what to do it seems to be getting worse. I made some scrambled egg it won’t eat I did see it eat about an hour ago of its feed I’ve had such bad luck with this shipment of eggs the little guy will be 3 weeks on Tuesday now all it does lay down unless I scare it I’ve got poultry cell water in there with it the other two chicks leave it alone it never had pasty butt but for one time should I give 3 cc of pure poultry cell undiluted will that help it

Y'all please reply I need answers please

It's head is now at it's feet. I'm getting ready to head to the store to get vitamin e tablets 400 IU I have been giving P Cell diluted I also have b complex but have not given. Please respond and help me.

I don;t understand why no one is replying

I just gave it vitamin e it took it very well I also gave a little more b complex it took that to. I am praying i can save it. This shipment of faverolle eggs are horrible please do not purchase from tomo9442 from ebay. Not good stock at all

Try posting on this forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.10/

I don't have any experience with wry neck in such a young bird so I can't really advise on dosages, but I gave my older wry neck pullet daily doses of liquid vit E and B complex along with a small amount of selenium via tuna and egg yolk. It took nearly 6 weeks for her to recover enough to stand upright without aid so don't expect to see fast results.

i am having the hardest time getting it to eat. I made oatmeal this morning and put his beak in it it did eat a tiny bit. Takes liquid from my eye dropper great it is really giving a good fight to stay alive and so am I. Can anyone advise on a great way to feed. I tried separating last night it cried so much for the mates. I ended up putting in it with only it's not loose I have a small bowl of water and dry feed. I haven't seen any signs of poo last night.

You may have to resort to tube feeding. I have 0 experience with that unfortunately. Hope folks who frequent the emergency forum can provide a little more help or instruction!

Back
Top Bottom