1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WTB, Standard Black Australorps, hatching eggs PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ginbart, May 26, 2011.

1. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    We are looking for at least 12 or more Black Australorp eggs to cover the amount of roo's we end up with.

All roo's but a couple are given away to 4-H members so I know they are not on the dinner table.

Thanks for looking and I hope someone has some.

I picked up 8 of these at TSC one died and out of the 7 left we have 5 roos. DH said he loves these so who am I to stop him.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  2. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Hi, I have black australorps, but I think they are going into molt because they are not laying like they were. But if you can't find any, get back to me. They will start laying again;-)

3. spydertoys

spydertoys Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Munfordville, Kentucky
    I have them..and they are laying well.

Sydney
    Feather People Farm

4. ginbart

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:I didn't know they went into molt this time of year. Mine always seem to wait until fall. [​IMG] I wish they did it now.

5. spydertoys

spydertoys Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Munfordville, Kentucky
    Quote:I didn't know they went into molt this time of year. Mine always seem to wait until fall. [​IMG] I wish they did it now.

Fall is the normal time for a molt..must not be laying for some other reason.

6. ginbart

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Thanks for all the reply's I did get them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by