Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
Hi everyone, just popping in to say hello to my future state neighbors!

DH and I are moving to WY soon (he'll be there in a couple weeks and I'll be there mid-May). I don't have any chickens coming with me, I had to leave them here in FL, but I'll be here on BYC enjoying everyone else's birds. Hopefully, I'll be able to start up with poultry again in the near future.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi and give everyone fair warning...I'm coming to join you all before long!

Hi everyone, just popping in to say hello to my future state neighbors!

DH and I are moving to WY soon (he'll be there in a couple weeks and I'll be there mid-May). I don't have any chickens coming with me, I had to leave them here in FL, but I'll be here on BYC enjoying everyone else's birds. Hopefully, I'll be able to start up with poultry again in the near future.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi and give everyone fair warning...I'm coming to join you all before long!
thumbsup.gif

Welcome to the Great State of Wyoming. If you haven't spent much time here before, it is going to be a huge shock to your system coming from Florida. IMNSHO Wyoming is an absolutely wonderful place to live.

thumbsup.gif

Welcome to the Great State of Wyoming. If you haven't spent much time here before, it is going to be a huge shock to your system coming from Florida. IMNSHO Wyoming is an absolutely wonderful place to live.

Thank you very much!

I grew up in the Midwest but every year for Dad's vacation we would head west...CO, WY, MT. I've only been in FL 6 years. Now I have family in Cheyenne, Laramie and Sheridan.

The husband and I are excited about the change and so looking forward to getting out there!

Thanks Bob!

And the family Debby has in Sheridan means that when she visits them she'll just be across the mountains from me....oohhh, I'm so excited!!

R2, we get down your way quite often with Ken's travels. (He'll be Grand Master of Wyoming in 2018) So I just may PM you when we have a jaunt that-a-way coming up and we'll see about hooking up. I'd love to see your setup and your birds. I know you said you don't force chicks on anyone...um, do you notice if a few end up in a visitor's pockets?
wink.png

50 eggs a year is even fewer than I'd like to see, that's for sure!

And the family Debby has in Sheridan means that when she visits them she'll just be across the mountains from me....oohhh, I'm so excited!!

R2, we get down your way quite often with Ken's travels. (He'll be Grand Master of Wyoming in 2018) So I just may PM you when we have a jaunt that-a-way coming up and we'll see about hooking up. I'd love to see your setup and your birds. I know you said you don't force chicks on anyone...um, do you notice if a few end up in a visitor's pockets?
wink.png

For the most part I am able to differentiate who laid which egg. I track their egg laying daily, monthly and annually. Last year my hens laid a total of 1853 eggs and have laid 700 eggs so far this year. Of course that is only the chickens and does not include the guinea or turkey eggs.

If @N F C travels from her relatives in Cheyenne to her relatives in Sheridan, she will go right through Casper (where I am located) and right past Buffalo (where @redhorseranch is located).

See, just one big happy Wyoming neighborhood! I told her when she first said she was moving out here that around here we're all neighbors...anytime it takes an hour drive one way to hit the nearest Walmart, the term "close neighbors" kinda loses it's importance. Someone 150 miles away and up over mountains is still a neighbor!
lau.gif

wink.png

For the most part I am able to differentiate who laid which egg. I track their egg laying daily, monthly and annually. Last year my hens laid a total of 1853 eggs and have laid 700 eggs so far this year. Of course that is only the chickens and does not include the guinea or turkey eggs.

If @N F C travels from her relatives in Cheyenne to her relatives in Sheridan, she will go right through Casper (where I am located) and right past Buffalo (where @redhorseranch is located).

I'm SO excited about being up there!!!!

The actual move itself isn't all that exciting, it's hard and dirty work, but I'm really looking forward to living up there. And I only have to drive that 1,926 mile trip from FL to WY once...I can do it, I can do it, repeat as necessary, lol.

This is going to be great!

Just wanted to add my 'Welcome to Wyoming!' to the chorus here.

We moved to Wyoming from the midwest over 20 years ago. The move IS Hard! But so worth it. Hope you love it here as much as we all do.
hugs.gif

I'm SO excited about being up there!!!!

The actual move itself isn't all that exciting, it's hard and dirty work, but I'm really looking forward to living up there. And I only have to drive that 1,926 mile trip from FL to WY once...I can do it, I can do it, repeat as necessary, lol.

This is going to be great!

It's a heck of a trip... I'm from NE Wyoming, and I went to school in Tallahassee for a couple of years. Drove down and back twice. If you have a little time to spare when you do it, it makes it easier. Welcome to big wonderful Wyoming!

Sorry about your heart attack. Hope you are doing better now.

Egg production may not seem like a big thing until you get some hens eating all of the time and laying less than 50 eggs a year which is what I got from a couple of my SFH hens.

The White Leghorn hens that I am using to make Sapphires are currently averaging an egg a day and averaged approximately 13 eggs for every 14 days throughout last winter. I do not provide them with supplemental light.

I have a hatch of turkeys and more chicks due Monday the 25th. As a incubating addict I am not nearly as bad as @redhorseranch

At least she normally hatches smaller batches than I do but that is only because she has not graduated to a cabinet incubator yet.

I don't charge visitors and don't force anyone to buy any of my chicks so feel free to stop in for a visit when you pass through town.

Not as bad as @redhorseranch??????????

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom