Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
Thanks R2elk. Lot of snow up here too but it's melting off the roof pretty fast. Sounds like someone left a faucet on!
thumbsup.gif

Welcome! You're crazy having that many guineas though. lol I can't stand those birds! I have 3 right now and they can't die off fast enough. They do some decent pest control but they're total bullies and freakishly loud! lol

Welcome! You're crazy having that many guineas though. lol I can't stand those birds! I have 3 right now and they can't die off fast enough. They do some decent pest control but they're total bullies and freakishly loud! lol

Guineas are a flock bird, the more of them that you have the better they do and the less they bother the other poultry. I have seen it recommended many times that a person should have no fewer than 10 guineas. When there are enough of them they pick on each other and leave the other poultry alone. Once they establish there pecking order, they don't even pick on each other that much.

I also know that if you have just a couple of male guineas in with a bunch of chickens or turkeys, they can be very mean to the chickens and turkeys also.

My only problem with a large flock of guineas is that they are much louder than just a few. There is nothing wrong with you disliking guineas. To each their own. Hope you have a good day.

Guineas are a flock bird, the more of them that you have the better they do and the less they bother the other poultry. I have seen it recommended many times that a person should have no fewer than 10 guineas. When there are enough of them they pick on each other and leave the other poultry alone. Once they establish there pecking order, they don't even pick on each other that much.

I also know that if you have just a couple of male guineas in with a bunch of chickens or turkeys, they can be very mean to the chickens and turkeys also.

My only problem with a large flock of guineas is that they are much louder than just a few. There is nothing wrong with you disliking guineas. To each their own. Hope you have a good day.
I had 10. A more suicidal bunch of birds I've never seen. lol They used to freak out and fly INTO THE WALLS breaking their necks. We lost 4 that way. The rest we lost to a great horned owl. The noise isn't all that bad since they're far enough from the house to not be a bother. I just hate going out there and having the guineas screeching my ears off. lol They beat my peacocks and my ducks for loudness. I do love how they kill wild things that try to get to the barn. That's awesome. Otherwise I guess I just don't see much point in them. :p I have a neighbor who loves her guineas though. She has a ton. She doesn't let them in with her other poultry though. I just hate how mine put their heads down and charge the other poultry like spanish bulls. lol

I'm sorry that you dislike your guineas. I think they are beautiful and full of character. Once in a while there is a bad apple in the group that causes a lot of trouble tho. And I believe they can sense your attitude towards them and it causes them to fear you.
Perhaps you could find another home for the ones that are left. Life is too short for you and for them to be living in a stressful situation.
Thank you for welcoming me.
smile.png

I'm sorry that you dislike your guineas. I think they are beautiful and full of character. Once in a while there is a bad apple in the group that causes a lot of trouble tho. And I believe they can sense your attitude towards them and it causes them to fear you.
Perhaps you could find another home for the ones that are left. Life is too short for you and for them to be living in a stressful situation.
Thank you for welcoming me.
smile.png
Eh. They don't stress me out. I don't hate them really either. I got them for a purpose and they do alright. I'd just not get any more.

Well it looks like spring may have finally made it to Northern Wy. I'm out cleaning coops, straitening the fences, and doing spring repairs. I hope you all are enjoying this warm spell.

Back
Top Bottom