Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
You do have the right to shoot the dogs if you catch them killing livestock. I would try to get pics before shooting to cover yourself because those neighbors sound like they would head to court over it.

I would not hesitate to shoot a cat or dog to protect my animals from careless neighbors. I keep my dogs away from my birds and I can't let my birds free range because of stray cats. It takes more that the chicken owner being responsible to keep the birds safe and if your neighbors won't step up then their putting their dogs at risk.

Just my opinion

There are no regulations in the Sheridan area regarding keeping chickens aside from no roosters as they can be a noise disturbance.
That's kinda what I was thinking....if finding a direct reference to chicken-keeping was so difficult then there might not be a regulation strictly addressing them at all. But my concern is that the coop is considered an "accessory building" and as such has to meet setback guidelines from property lines, fences, and other buildings the same as any other accessory building.

Hello fellow Wyoming Peeps and BYC. Newbie to BYC and chickens in general ( afflicted since Jan 25 '14) Much bitten by the Chicken Math bug (rapidy graduated to some form of Calculus, I think) Am learning much from this "wonderful website", so glad I found it.

Hello fellow Wyoming Peeps and BYC. Newbie to BYC and chickens in general ( afflicted since Jan 25 '14) Much bitten by the Chicken Math bug (rapidy graduated to some form of Calculus, I think) Am learning much from this "wonderful website", so glad I found it.
welcome-byc.gif

Hi MuttFlock,

Glad to see that you made it to the forum. There is lots of good information on here.

Have a good day!

Bob

Thank You and nice too meet you! I know of Cowley, we visited with a real estate agent from there when we where looking for places to buy around the Lovell area, but as fate has it we landed the other side of the Horns, on a small horse acreage south of Buffalo. I am born and bred Wyomingite, and my fiance is a transplant, but vows to never live outside the state and I will definately hold him to that, as we recently returned after having lived in horrible ND for 3yrs, and myself spent 6mo in the hill country of TX working for a racehorse vet.
How did you come to call Cowley home?

Welcome MuttFlock! Just discovered this site early this year myself. I should warn you that BYC is addicting too!
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom