Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
I am just outside of Casper.

You should make sure that you are feeding your poultry a small percentage of their diet as sunflower seeds.  The sunflower seeds are a low percentage of protein and a very high percentage of fat.  While they may like them, sunflower seeds should be considered a treat only and as such along with other "treats" should be kept to less than 10% of their diet.  Failure to keep bad foods to a minimum can greatly shorten the life span of your poultry.

Good luck.

Hay there, the sunflower are wild sunflowers, they are tiny and seriously at about 3-5% sorry to point this out so late. 100% Organic screenings. They are doing great, going into my 5th month. I do give them regular chicken food at about just 5-10%. When I give more they get runny and smelly. There poo on screenings hold together and almost odorless, most times except when expelling more urine.

Last edited:
Just a quick note to say DH & I are so loving Wyoming! We've been here about 4 months now and can see ourselves here for a very long time. Here are a couple of photos of our area:

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning to all! I haven't been on the board much this summer. Over 300 chicks, keets, turkeys and still counting. I cleaned the incubators 3 weeks ago and said I was done. But... broody hens had the final say. I have 3 hens brooding now and 17 eggs in the incubator. Hopefully they will all be hatched by the end of August.

We've had a couple of hummingbirds around here recently. Also Hungarian Partridge and Sage Hens are back again this year. Lots of antelope and deer. Must have been a good year for all the wildlife.

We're headed to the mountains for a picnic. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

I usually get my first hummingbirds in July. We have Rufous, Calliope, Broadtailed, and Black Chinned. One year I had a persistent little Black Chinned that hung around until early November! I sometimes have as many as 11 feeders going! It ain't summer until the bummers get here.....

Get those hummingbird feeders out, Debby! They're going to start migrating through heavily now!

Thanks for the reminder Blooie! We saw our first hummer at the club house at the golf course a couple days ago. He was going after the petunias I hung up in the courtyard.

I have seen some really good photo ops of the hummingbirds but haven't had my camera with me at those times. I had to settle for bee pictures.

Rocky Mountain Bee plant living up to its name.

Very nice photos!

Back
Top Bottom