Wyoming Unite!!!!

So far i have only 3. A Wyandotte. Not 100%sure on the other 2 breeds. I was told new Hampshire and a sex link. Adding 15 more in the spring.

Glad you joined us!:frow :welcome

I think you were told right on the breeds. Silver Laced Wyandotte, New Hampshire Red and a Red Star. All 3 should be excellent layers.

I see that chicken math has already hit you! :D

Just popping in to say hi, it's been a while!

After their long winter vacation, at least 3 of my 5 girls decided to lay eggs again (I got 3 yesterday and 1 today).

We've been getting wind gusts up to 50+ mph since last night. The snow is supposed to start around 6pm and last all night.

How is everyone?

Snow is already here along with 20 mph wind that is blowing it all into drifts. Supposed to be 3" of snow but I think we already have a lot more than that. Can't see any of the neighbor's houses.
They're calling for below zero weather the next few days. -10 tomorrow night. Of all times for it to happen, I have a brood hen hatching today. She is sitting on 9 eggs so we'll see how many make it out. I have a small heat lamp on her and she's in a 2'x3' wooden box inside the henhouse. :bow

Snow is already here along with 20 mph wind that is blowing it all into drifts. Supposed to be 3" of snow but I think we already have a lot more than that. Can't see any of the neighbor's houses.
They're calling for below zero weather the next few days. -10 tomorrow night. Of all times for it to happen, I have a brood hen hatching today. She is sitting on 9 eggs so we'll see how many make it out. I have a small heat lamp on her and she's in a 2'x3' wooden box inside the henhouse. :bow

No snow here yet but I think it's coming, the sky is really grey. And of course, the wind is blowing. We're supposed to get those below 0 temps too.

I hope your broody girl sits tight and things turn out ok.

Keep your snow shovel handy!

Just popping in to say hi, it's been a while!

After their long winter vacation, at least 3 of my 5 girls decided to lay eggs again (I got 3 yesterday and 1 today).

We've been getting wind gusts up to 50+ mph since last night. The snow is supposed to start around 6pm and last all night.

How is everyone?
I have had high winds for a week. The high for today was 46°F at about 1:00 AM. It is now 11°F. It has been snowing since around 10:00 AM and has added up to 7/8" so far.

My legbar/leghorn crosses are laying well with the youngest laying really nice big blue eggs for 4 days in a row before she takes a day off. The older ones are laying 2 to 3 days in a row before skipping a day.

Back
Top Bottom