Wyoming Unite!!!!

I had synchronized egg laying today. A turkey managed to cram her butt in a chicken nest box and laid an egg. Two chicken hens decided that must be a desirable laying place and jammed themselves together in the nest box. I just happened to be standing there watching them as they both stood up and went through the motions. There was a "thunk" followed by a second "thunk" less than a half second later as both hens laid their eggs almost at the same time. They left the nest very soon and I collected one turkey egg and two beautiful very warm blue eggs.

Those crazy beautiful birds :gig

It's raining here! I'd almost forgotten it could!

It got a bit windy here last night...

100_0357.JPG

That tree was in front of the house the company uses a few months out of the year for interns. It came down about 10' from hitting our house!

Crimeny! Stupid wind.

Has anyone ordered chicks from cackle hatchery ? I am in Riverton. Chicks shipped out on Monday and I am worried about them as delivery day is Thursday :(

That seems like a long time for them to get here. Make sure you talk to the PO and have them call you immediately. Let us know when they make it. :bow
Thanks. I will. I have called them and been watching the tracking which apparently the usps does not update very well. I am hoping I get the call really early in the morning.

I've never ordered from Cackle but when I used to get mail order chicks I would tell them to call me at 5:30 in the morning when the truck came in. Let's hope you get the call tomorrow. You might call them early even if they haven't notified you. At least the weather isn't bitter cold now.

Back
Top Bottom