Wyoming Unite!!!!

Wow, that happened fast ! we had 18 below at 6:45 AM here in Sheridan and now at 9;30 AM it's all the way up to 1 below . Enough is enough ! Girls doing good though.:frow
Its just normal for Wyoming. Years ago I went to work on the night shift. When I got there it was -20°F. We had a Chinook come in during the night and by the time the shift was over, the temperature was up to 40°F. When I got home that morning 15 miles to the east, it was still -20°F but the Chinook followed me home.

We're at 32* now, not too bad! Come Wednesday or Thursday we're looking at several days of more snow :sick

Hey Bob, my little Sapphire girl is back to laying and I'm getting an egg almost every day! I've had a few from the CLB girls too but they aren't laying as regularly. So nice to see fresh eggs again :D

We're at 32* now, not too bad! Come Wednesday or Thursday we're looking at several days of more snow :sick

Hey Bob, my little Sapphire girl is back to laying and I'm getting an egg almost every day! I've had a few from the CLB girls too but they aren't laying as regularly. So nice to see fresh eggs again :D
I try to have new layers every fall so that some will lay through the winter. I plan on firing up the incubator on the first of March.

I have 4 Rose Comb Legbars, 2 Rose Comb Brown Leghorn/Cream Legbar hens and 2 Cream legbar hens that are all blue egg layers and have been getting 5 to 8 blue eggs daily. When their eggs hatch, the chicks can be sexed as soon as they dry off from hatching.

I am still debating on whether or not to set the White Leghorn eggs which will make Sapphires. Someone was supposed to get those eggs yesterday to hatch but they never showed up. I can't sex those accurately until they are at least 3 weeks old.

Doesn't that drive you nuts when someone says they're coming and they don't? That seems to be a very common complaint from people I know that sell things.

Doesn't that drive you nuts when someone says they're coming and they don't? That seems to be a very common complaint from people I know that sell things.
Back when I used to do a lot of selling, I would have people make appointments for specific times. If they did not show up within a reasonable amount of time, I would leave the house.

This one I kind of expected because it was a "friend" of the buyer that was supposed to pick up the eggs. I suspect that the "friend" either did not make their planned trip to Casper or decided not to make the egg pick up.

Come together people who live in Wyoming.
Please share your storys about your flock and such.
I live in Sheridan, Wyoming .
Gina
yippiechickie.gif
Hi Gina! I'm new to Powell (a tad north of Cody). We live in town and will have about 4 chicks for fun and eggs. I've got an idea of the simple brooder I'll create and a lead on a used coop we will pick up this weekend. We're looking forward to our adventure with chicks!

Hi Gina! I'm new to Powell (a tad north of Cody). We live in town and will have about 4 chicks for fun and eggs. I've got an idea of the simple brooder I'll create and a lead on a used coop we will pick up this weekend. We're looking forward to our adventure with chicks!
Welcome to the thread. klondike24680 hasn't been active on this thread in a long time and has not posted on BYC since Jan. 2018.

You are up in @Blooie 's area.

Back
Top Bottom