Wyoming Unite!!!!

We haven’t had any trick or treaters for years but there are some new houses with kids on our road so my husband said we need candy... I think he just wants leftover candy 😂

I’ve been a bit bah humbug about Halloween this year since I couldn’t have a pumpkin carving party. I hope that next year is back to normal.

Have a good Halloween!
halloween-smiley-sign.gif

Can't seem to catch this guy. Last night we had a live trap, 2 steel traps and 2 snares all set in the chicken yard. He avoided them all. Not sure what to do about him. :rant
So far he hasn't gotten in to the chickens and guineas
View attachment 2392889
Fatty from last night.
Raccoon_11-01-2020_DSCF0001-001.JPG

He didn't go in that trap but he did go in the next trap which was smaller.

Now I remember why I don't like skinning coons. I thought I had a hide stretcher but must have given it away. I had to hurry up and make a new one this morning.

Fatty from last night.
View attachment 2396989
He didn't go in that trap but he did go in the next trap which was smaller.

Now I remember why I don't like skinning coons. I thought I had a hide stretcher but must have given it away. I had to hurry up and make a new one this morning.

We did eventually catch the big one that was in the chicken yard. But yesterday there was a little one in the live trap. Last night another little one had his picture on the Trail Cam that is inside the barn. So hopefully he will be caught tonight. .... Not sure where they are all coming from unless it was a family that moved in.
DCIM0010.JPG

We did eventually catch the big one that was in the chicken yard. But yesterday there was a little one in the live trap. Last night another little one had his picture on the Trail Cam that is inside the barn. So hopefully he will be caught tonight. .... Not sure where they are all coming from unless it was a family that moved in.
View attachment 2400295
Good riddance and good luck with the rest of them. Of the 9 that I caught here, only two were females, mama and a young of the year. The other 7 were all mature males. The bob-tailed one was by far the biggest.

We haven’t had any trick or treaters for years but there are some new houses with kids on our road so my husband said we need candy... I think he just wants leftover candy 😂

I’ve been a bit bah humbug about Halloween this year since I couldn’t have a pumpkin carving party. I hope that next year is back to normal.
Ultimately if you're worried about frostbite & your main goal is meat birds, get yourself a Chanticler rooster. I got an assortment of buffs & partridge this summer (straight run, only offered as an assortment; feed store uses Hoover's). Aside from one poor little crossbeak pullet (now DH's fav chicken) and one dead in brooder, I'm very happy with them. Of a baker's dozen, I got two cocks of each variety and the rest are girls.

Really nice birds and the boys did grow large, fast. The pullets, I have to say, aren't setting any records for speed, but I guess you can't have everything. The roos have more for fleshy tissue but none of them have much. That was one of the characteristics they were bred for; frostproofness and efficient meat production.

Back
Top Bottom