Yay!!! BABIES!!! *Fuzzy butt overload*

hollymh

*A Scrambled Egg*
15 Years
Feb 8, 2009
Texas
I have never hatched quail a day in my life but a friend sent me some with my eggs I bought from her and they are hatching!!! I went to check the bator and bump the humidity b/c it was getting close to hatch time for the lil quil and WA-LA I open the lid and there are two tinsy weensy baby quail peeping away! Out of 5 eggs 2 have hacthed and 2 are pipped and hatching, I cannot believe it!!! I will post pics in a few mins, they are so freaking adorable!!! They are on day 16 almost 17 , do they normally hatch early, I didn't even get a chance to bump the humidity?! I have been so caught up with life that I forgot it was so close to hatch time, that was the best suprise ever!!!

So today is day 20 and we have new babies, 2 turkens,1 big brown mix and a australorp!

Gee, you can't tell what this one is*insert sarcasam*
22622_new_babies_009_copyjpgee.jpg

Here are the babies, I know they are cruddy pics but I'm letting them rest before I attack them with the camera
lau.gif

22622_new_peeps_011eee.jpg

Chicken pile!!!
22622_new_peeps_020eee.jpg

22622_quail_006ee.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats that is awesome mine have hatched between 16- 19. Hopefully it will be 3 hens and a roo!!! If you put pictures up at 3 weks I can tell you what you have. They are tiny but they grow fast!! 4 more days left on the chickie eggs keep me posted
wee.gif

Quote:
My one silkie egg quit
hit.gif
!!! But, the turkens, polish, welsummers and mixes are all doing great! Just 2-3 more days!!!
celebrate.gif

Tam- I have a pip!!!
wee.gif
It's one of the lorp eggs, the one that says "LORP PEN?" lol So I guess it's a lorp
hu.gif

Make that 3 pips!!! Two mixed browns(what are they by the way) and one Lorp
wee.gif

Last edited:
TAM- I have babies!!! 4 so far completely hatched, I had a lorp pip and die, it looked like he has a double membrane, I have never seen anything like it
hu.gif

A welsummer pipped!!! Still no polish though
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom