Yellowish bumps, swollen face on rooster, pls help

Can you get a video of him? Upload video to youtube and provide a link.
Photos of his poop and housing as well.

SLM can't be treated topically with Permethrin spray, they live under the scales of the legs and burrow quite deeply. Vaseline, oil or Nu Stock cream applied to the legs working it up and underneath the scales of the legs will smother the mites. This needs to be done at a minimum of once a week for a month. Alternatively, Ivermectin could be used to treat SLM, you would want to research the withdrawal period.

Infectious Coryza has a very bad odor, any smells? Any coughing, mucous? I've never seen lesions on the neck due to Infectious Coryza.
Sulfa antibiotics are the most common treatment for Infectious Coryza.

Any lesions inside the beak? Still not convinced at all this is respiratory disease.

Just my 2¢
Thanks. Ive done the gasoline/vaseline method for SLM but its so labor intensive and somehow it always come back. Ill do a video shortly. No lesions inside his beak and smells like “chicken” to me 😞

While the symptoms appear superficially to be similar to coryza, I wouldn't rule out petroleum toxicity. If you wish to treat for both, I would use the doxycycline as the "cyclines" are most effective against the type of bacteria.

Look closely at his wattles. Notice any swelling?
Great. Thanks. Do you have a recommendation as to how I can give it to him?

The doxy dosage is .25mg two times a day, preferably twelve hours apart. Pry his beak open. Shove the dose inside.

Often, poultry dosages require opening a capsule and dividing the contents into the required dose. To reclaim the doxy powder to give to the chicken, I use a bite size square of bread dipped in olive oil and then use it to sop up the powder. This stuff is bitter, so sprinkle a little sugar over it to disguise the taste. He may eat it from your hand. If not, shove it into his beak.

The doxy dosage is .25mg two times a day, preferably twelve hours apart. Pry his beak open. Shove the dose inside.

Often, poultry dosages require opening a capsule and dividing the contents into the required dose. To reclaim the doxy powder to give to the chicken, I use a bite size square of bread dipped in olive oil and then use it to sop up the powder. This stuff is bitter, so sprinkle a little sugar over it to disguise the taste. He may eat it from your hand. If not, shove it into his beak.
I will try it!

Can you get a video of him? Upload video to youtube and provide a link.
Photos of his poop and housing as well.

SLM can't be treated topically with Permethrin spray, they live under the scales of the legs and burrow quite deeply. Vaseline, oil or Nu Stock cream applied to the legs working it up and underneath the scales of the legs will smother the mites. This needs to be done at a minimum of once a week for a month. Alternatively, Ivermectin could be used to treat SLM, you would want to research the withdrawal period.

Infectious Coryza has a very bad odor, any smells? Any coughing, mucous? I've never seen lesions on the neck due to Infectious Coryza.
Sulfa antibiotics are the most common treatment for Infectious Coryza.

Any lesions inside the beak? Still not convinced at all this is respiratory disease.

Just my 2¢
Video up. HD version is loading...Let me have 2 more cents! Be forewarned, its 5 minutes of him doing nothing lol

While the symptoms appear superficially to be similar to coryza, I wouldn't rule out petroleum toxicity. If you wish to treat for both, I would use the doxycycline as the "cyclines" are most effective against the type of bacteria.

Look closely at his wattles. Notice any swelling?
Hed just got his first dose of doxy. olive oil too. no sugar, hes a trooper!

Video up. HD version is loading...Let me have 2 more cents! Be forewarned, its 5 minutes of him doing nothing lol
I agree, I would go ahead with the Doxy if that's what you have. He's got some labored breathing going on.
Still not sure about the swelling though and what's causing it.

I'll give 2 more cents and tell you he's a handsome little thing, a good sweet boy too.
I'm hoping you'll see some improvement with the meds.

I agree, I would go ahead with the Doxy if that's what you have. He's got some labored breathing going on.
Still not sure about the swelling though and what's causing it.

I'll give 2 more cents and tell you he's a handsome little thing, a good sweet boy too.
I'm hoping you'll see some improvement with the meds.
Yes!! Hes so mellow and sweet. He will stay there for as long as I want him to! I have longer clips of him (pre sick) just hanging out enjoying our daily coffees. 😂

Back
Top Bottom