YO GEORGIANS! :)

all my girls feathered out faster, and i feather sexed them all for fun and so far it looks like i'm right
I have had great luck feather sexing them except for BLRW and the Black Cochins are hard for me to see the layers thru the fuzz. I am excited to think that 6 of the 8 chicks I kept may be girls! And all Blue egg layers!

I have had great luck feather sexing them except for BLRW and the Black Cochins are hard for me to see the layers thru the fuzz.  I am excited to think that  6 of the 8 chicks I kept may be girls!  And all Blue egg layers! 

The males on a Cochin should have shorter primary feathers on their wings and no tail feathers by a week.

Last edited:
Howdy Georgians I am new to the BYC. I am in Talmo which is located in Jackson County just south of the Hall County line. Looking forward to learning more about these great and beautiful animals.

I've got my breeding pens all mapped out. I will be breeding Dominiques. They are already full grown. I have EE's, BTWJB, and LBOEGB/BTWJB mixes. I will also have blue and black Cochin bantams. Splash, blue, and black silkies. I will also finally have some silver penciled Cochin bantams.

I've got my breeding pens all mapped out. I will be breeding Dominiques. They are already full grown. I have EE's, BTWJB, and LBOEGB/BTWJB mixes. I will also have blue and black Cochin bantams. Splash, blue, and black silkies. I will also finally have some silver penciled Cochin bantams.
Nice! Isn't fun to think about all those chicks! Question: What do you do with all the males? I hatched some eggs that I ordered because I wanted that particular chicken, and then I have to deal with roos.

Back
Top Bottom