YO GEORGIANS! :)

Great! I have one silver laced hen now but I'm not sure about breeding her. I ordered some eggs off eBay and only two hatched...a silver laced hen and a barred roo. Neither of them have very good type at all. They have very poor cushions and their foot feathers are awful. Most of my flock came from Star Cochins and are excellent birds. I may try to put the SL hen with my black roo and see if I can improve type. Really need to check the chicken calculator first to make sure I won't just be making a mess.

Oh and I still want to ask you some incubating questions...just been really busy. Hoping to find time tomorrow.

No problem, just send the questions whenever.

As for crossing a black and SL, it will give you all black at first. Bred back to the SL hen, and it will give you silver laced, incomplete silver laced, and black again.

Offspring bred to each other you'll get incomplete laced, silver laced, and multiple laced (penciled), plus black.

QUESTION!

Just candled. Today was my planned "lockdown" (well, fill the trays, anyway) day. But I just don't feel like it's time. I still have a few air cells I would like to see shrink a little more.

Is it okay since none have internally pipped, to wait another day? Or will the air cell still draw down with the humidity up? (I seem to remember seeing my duck eggs do that but I'm doubting myself)

Yayyyy!! Betty White grandbabies??
smile.png
Yep!!

yep biddie time is here. i just hatched off some lemon cuckoo orpington eggs and have a few chicks from them. also, im about to start incubating some grey call ducks.

So we.....

Bought 2 mini donkeys.
Paid for my Cotton Patch Goslings who will be along mid to late April.
Bought 500 more feet of fencing.
Bought GAM a 5x12 trailer so she can haul more crap around when she gets her new vehicle so she doesn't have to put stuff inside and mess it up.
Bought about 400 pounds of feed for various critters.
Decided to get our kids back from my parents after being there all weekend.  It was against my better judgement but GAM still likes them.
Starting pricing my fence posts.
Enjoyed this beautiful day out acquiring more animals and supplies and playing on the farm.
I am going to see about taking the week of the 17th off to get my fence up and work on the farm for the whole week.  It BETTER NOT rain that week!! 
We were finally contacted about the two fillies up in Summerville and will be going up to look at them at our first opportunity. 

So not too bad of a day.  :)

Pricing Fence posts, bring money. Actually treated 4x4s may be cheaper than posts. Landscape timbers are definitely cheaper. I treated the end giong in the ground with borax for additional rot resistance.

Back
Top Bottom