YO GEORGIANS! :)

That's for sure. My Khaki trio was a group of calm little angles compared to these two! All they want to do is run in circles and shove their beaks in peoples noses. They have yet to grasp the concept that noses are not alternative food sources. 

I have a mole on my forearm that both our ducklings and grown ducks are constantly trying to eat whenever we give them treats by hand. I guess they think its a bug. LOL

Finally got a few pictures of the Runners. They never sit still!

Taking a breather:

Dramatic action shot:

OMG! They have gotten so big already! Sorry, I shouldn't have kept the older one with the mom the whole time when I knew it wasn't going to stay. It had almost no handling because of that.

Yes I purchased 4 Cornish rocks on my first trip to tractor supply. The roosters grew out allot faster than the hens have. Trying to knock off all the roosters in the flock before I start with the hens. I have read where a few folks have raised Cornishs with the other breeds with luck so i might roll the dice on the two that are left.

I'm thinking about doing that with this one hen who I did emergency crop surgery on. She hasn't been gorging herself like a normal cornish rock since that happened. Maybe her crop is just sore right now. But either way, she also hasn't gained the weight the others have. So if she slows down for a good little while, I may just try and see if I can cross her back to something else (maybe a buff orpington) for a good line of reproducible meat birds.

Last edited:
That's for sure. My Khaki trio was a group of calm little angels compared to these two! All they want to do is run in circles and shove their beaks in peoples noses. They have yet to grasp the concept that noses are not alternative food sources.

Maybe not noses, but I guess they think boogers are?

Maybe not noses, but I guess they think boogers are?
That or nose hairs! They also enjoy pecking at lips, eyebrows, and that one spot on my keyboard where key broke off and left the little nib thing. That's their favorite for sure. The smallest one also recently found out she was part mountain goat as I had a huge pile of blankets on my bed that she scaled with ease. It was absolutely adorable.

So... GUESS WHAT CAME IN A DAY EARLY?!? OH YEAH, OH YEAH, OH YEAH!!!

THAT LITTLE F**KER IS GOING DOWN, NOW!
Well, after I get to the store and grab some meat for bait.

OMG! They have gotten so big already! Sorry, I shouldn't have kept the older one with the mom the whole time when I knew it wasn't going to stay. It had almost no handling because of that.
It's all good! He/she is doing just fine being the little turd that it is! :) They are about to have their first bath as soon as this storm goes over! They are currently alternating between standing on my computer, attacking my phone, and attempting to murder a little mouse toy they love to play with.

In the meantime, I lost one turkey so far. But it was totally my fault. I intervened. Well, I guess it was my fault. I noticed the blood vessels were disappearing rather quickly from candling it (I could still see some, but all thin ones, and very few and far between) but I could tell he wasn't internally pipped yet. So I poked a small hole in the air-cell end of the egg to look. Almost no blood vessels were along the inner membrane either. So I poked a hole in that right by his beak. The last hole didn't cause any bleeding what so ever. But there were a few still remaining blood vessels that I could see at that point. So I made sure one nostril was exposed to the air, and left him like that. The holes were small enough to retain good moisture on the membrane. But I got home from work, and he was dead.

So maybe it's because I did an internal pip too soon. Or maybe he was already dying, thus the disappearing blood vessels. Either way, he didn't make it.

The remaining four have all internally pipped, and still have lots of movement. No holes made in those, because I could still see their blood vessels, and lots of movement. Just gotta wait now!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom