Yoga Calling...

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
I quit for awhile now, but I so loved it. Over a matter of weeks after I started, I started sleeping better, my back problems went away and my headaches slowly faded away too.

I think the last class I went to was about 7 months ago, before that I was doing it weekly for 18 months. I just couldn't afford the class, but that was no excuse to stop from home. Anyways, a friend called and invited me to start going back to another class with her on Wednesdays. I think I'm going to do it... but I need to get psyched up again!

Does anyone else here enjoy yoga, or thinking of joining a class?

I need to peak and keep my interest like I used to have!

(
roll.png
I do dream about doing head stands and having good balance again too.... did my first head stand in 20+ years last summer, and would really like to get back to that point again.)

I HATE exercise, but really like yoga. I am not good, have never actually taken a class (but would love to) rural OK, and wierd schedual and NOT being a morning person limits the class opportunities. (why yoga classes are always at 6 am I'll never understand) I did Inhale w/ Bob Ross for a long time at home, but then my DVR died taking all my recordings w/ it, and Inhale is no longer on TV, so I have started recording a different on I don't like as well, but haven't got back into it yet, sort of in your shoes, needing inspiration to get back into the groove.
frow.gif

Oh, vfem- do it!! I love yoga. It is so different from other exercise that I do. I think it is so important for building balance (in the body and "spirit"). I have DH coming to class with me. He says he walks in with an aching back and leaves class feeling like a million bucks! Anytime I am working out and want to quit- I tell myself, do this, so you can be strong in the garden.... I visualize myself carrying heavy baskets of veggies and doing a balancing act between my garden rows.
I think yoga is a great way to take care of yourself. One thing I can promise, you won't regret it, if you go!!!!

I guess I really lost the person I liked when I quit.
sad.png
Though I have lost 22 lbs since I quit, I don't really feel well, balanced or fully healthy in ways I did when I had the weight & yoga going for me.

I'm actually killing waiting for my yoga class to begin! I haven't been in about 3 months and I didn't miss it at first but now I do. We practice Vinyasa flow method. It's a great workout and really helps me center my thought and self.

Back
Top Bottom