Yogurt What kind and how much

Savvymamma

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
I recently received a very healthy trio of bantam faverolle's and absolutely LOVE the little dears. It was recommended to give them plain yogurt regularly for digestive tract health. Can I give them other variety/flavors or should I stick with plain? I would really like to give them blueberry to take the benefit of the antioxidant properties of these powerpacked fruits.
tongue.png
Plus this flavor and vanilla are my family favorites, so we have LOTS of them on hand and not much of the plain. Thanks

Plain, no sugar, active culture yogurt is best. The artificial flavors, colors, sugar, etc, are not the best thing for the birds. Mine may get a bowlful once a week or I use it to cool off hot oatmeal in the winter.

old.gif
What speckledhen says. I give mine plain, nonfat, probiotic yogurt. It is high in protein, no fats and all the good bacteria that they need. I sometimes mix mine with hardboiled eggs (like eggsalad) and give it for breakfast. My girls demolish it in less than 5 minutes!
yippiechickie.gif

I've read that a lot of poeple give their chickens yogurt. When I tried giving it to mine they looked totally offended, and spent the next 5 minutes trying to clean it off of their beaks!
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom