You have GOT to be Kidding Me!!!

I feel for you ilovemychickies, In 1999 we had an F4 tornado go through our town. We lost EVERYTHING! I now am joyous for the snow. Thanks for putting things into perspective. Stay safe and I will keep you in my thoughts! I wish you the best!

Awww, that's pretty, Nuggetsowner! We never get a good snow like that. I think our deepest this year was .5". Pitiful.

At the moment it's a lovely 70ish degrees. The kids are playing baseball across the street. My tulips and hyacinths and daffodils have shot up. The flowering quince is flowering away. The downside? I found a flea on the dog this morning. That does not bode well for the incoming flea and tick season. When we don't get a good hard freeze the bugs are horrible. Last summer I couldn't walk from my front door to the car without picking up a tick. And no matter what Frontline insinuates, it does NOT stop the dogs from being a flea taxi. It might keep the fleas from biting the dogs, but they still get in the house. Argg.
I'd love to get a good snow to kill all that stuff off!

Nice dk, actually it usually goes from 35 to 95 but I was hoping, just this one year for a spring!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Spring is that lovely two week period when the lilacs bloom; its squeezed between winter and construction. But seriously, I miss Minnesota springs with all the bulbs, lilacs, snowball bushes, snowdrops in the lawns and wildflowers in the woods. And after a Minnesota winter you really appreciate spring. The college I went to had literally acres of lilacs and in the spring you could smell them all over campus.

I'm sorry. Here in Missouri we are having tornadoes and severe thunderstorms. Here are some pics of our yard...mostly in deep puddles and we live on top of a ridge.
3-1.jpg

ducks2.jpg

ducksintherain.jpg

our basement is taking in more water than the sump pump can handle right now.
Just wanted to show you someone benefits from our extreme weather...the ducks!!

We have rain all this week...which is a great thing since we've had a major drought. I hate snow though. The pictures are pretty but I won't be visiting you any time soon.
tongue.png

Nuggetsowner:) :

I feel for you ilovemychickies, In 1999 we had an F4 tornado go through our town. We lost EVERYTHING! I now am joyous for the snow. Thanks for putting things into perspective. Stay safe and I will keep you in my thoughts! I wish you the best!

Thanks Nugget.
hugs.gif
The storms passed over now, but my dad's office nearly got hit by a tornado. Luckily everything was just fine. PHEW!​

I agree Southern, her pic was gorgeous, but I'm afraid she doesn't think so right now. I probably wouldn't either if we had that much snow here.

Back
Top Bottom