You know you love your chickens when...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lexielou623, Oct 22, 2015.

1. potato chip

potato chip lunch-sharer

When you finally get around to putting up their fancy feeder and waterer and they try it out straight away as if it's the best thing ever. (not like the dogs and cats who might look at you like "is THIS all you got me?")

2 people like this.
  2. chickrunfun

chickrunfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2015
    South Tampa, Florida
    you know you love your chickens when...they start laying eggs and you text the news to everyone you know and post it everywhere...each day you get an egg. Complete with pictures
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. Judee

Judee Out Of The Brooder

Nov 12, 2015
    Portland, Oregon
    This is a whole other culture I've gotten myself into....my flock has helped me get up in the morning <3
    Shall I mention--- on those really cold mornings I warm their feed. Only you guys would get that :)

1 person likes this.
  4. chickrunfun

chickrunfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2015
    South Tampa, Florida
    Warm their feed? Are you kidding me? On cold mornings they get oatmeal made just for them! Sometimes scrambled eggs!

5. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville

And raisins!

2 people like this.
  6. Judee

Judee Out Of The Brooder

Nov 12, 2015
    Portland, Oregon
    They get their own special oatmeal? Oh, you are a good Mommy. Except for the cannibal part...somehow, uh...hmmm.
    Hey, I get eye rolling from my hubby over the feed warming part. When it snowed, I put down a towel before I put their food down, so they wouldn't have icy feet while they dined....

7. Coop de Grass

Coop de Grass Chillin' With My Peeps

You realise that your Buff Orpington has gone broody and you can;'t bear to disapoint her (been there myself!) so you order hatching eggs and pace up and down the three days it takes for the post office to call you and tell you to come and get em!
    [​IMG]And that is when you tell your husband that Buffy is soooooo happy because she is sitting on fertile eggs. And he looks puzzled, and then groans![​IMG]

8. Sjisty

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Your favorite girls peck on the front door so they can come in and lay in the "special" box in the kitchen!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Sjisty

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    . . . or your bed!
    [​IMG]

10. Coop de Grass

Coop de Grass Chillin' With My Peeps

lol, my husband put a corrugated roof over their 10'x10' run, that he built, so that they wouldn't get wet [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by