Young hen running in circles and yawning??

Charliechicken90

Hatching
Apr 19, 2019
I have a young pol hen. She’s just randomly started today to run and walk in circles, yawn and has a slightly pale comb. Any suggestions? She’s still eating & drinking

Do you have a video of her yawning? Post it to YouTube and post a link here. The running backward sounds neurological similar to wry neck symptoms. Yawning can normally be a sign of adjusting their crops, but if it looks like a repeated rhythmic motion, it can be another neurolgical symptom. Has the chicken been injured? What are you feeding? Can you feel of the crop and tell us if it is empty, full, firm aor puffy?

Give her some rooster booster it helped mine but you have to give it to her for a week or you can give her in the picture. It what I gave mine and they recovered great.
15589711522536608069410036566097.jpg

Do you have a video of her yawning? Post it to YouTube and post a link here. The running backward sounds neurological similar to wry neck symptoms. Yawning can normally be a sign of adjusting their crops, but if it looks like a repeated rhythmic motion, it can be another neurolgical symptom. Has the chicken been injured? What are you feeding? Can you feel of the crop and tell us if it is empty, full, firm aor puffy?
She’s not running backwards, just wandering round in a circular motion then wandering around like normal. It’s like she’s stressed. She started laying 3 weeks ago and sits on her egg overnight. She was wormed a month ago. She’s on chicken crumb and has fresh treats like banana and strawberry. Her crop is empty in the morning then fills up fairly hard during the day. I don’t use YouTube unfortunately. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom