Your 2024 Garden

Pics
My taters are doing great and have dirt worked to them but my peas are going to make enough for maybe one stir fry. They just got planted way to late and the heat is getting to them. The rain that was in the forecast for for yesterday and today amounted to about 29 drops. Not going to do much today. Just enough to limber up some muscles that are getting stiff. I should spend some time with some of the chickens that have been getting the short end of the stick while I've played in the dirt.
My peas blew over, the tops that had cleared the trellis. Oh well.

Bush beans!
IMG_20240421_134926842~2.jpg

Put the tomato trellis in place:
IMG_20240421_083156356.jpg

That's Black seeded Simpson in the middle.

Look at the Summer squash in the far bed!

We were only home long enough today to build the ridge for our sweet potatoes and now we can plant then after the sun lowers tomorrow. Lots more seed should be planted tomorrow. Expecting a high of only 77° with sunshine making for a good productive day for playing in the dirt.

View attachment 3809485
I'll do the same. Didn't realize they'd grow that tall (over 4'). They must love the compost I added.
Some varieties will not grow over 18" and some 5'. Sugar Snaps will grow really tall. I planted some the first year they were available that grew well over 5'. We used T posts with plastic bale twine to support them. We made a lot of peas that year. Our garden was 200' wide with rows 200' long. Just under an acre. It kept 4 kids out of trouble pulling weeds. We did mulch it all with wheat straw. Normally 150 bales were bought in the field in July and store over winter for use the following summer. Those were some of the best years of our lives. Took lots of 35mm pictures and I think I only have 1 scanned image that did not get lost on a computer crash. :(

Back
Top Bottom