chickenchick2714

Chirping
Mar 9, 2023
We now have our Swedish flower rooster and I’m eventually going to breed with Swedish flower hens but right now we are barnyard mixed I was just wondering if anyone had any Swedish flower crosses and what they looked like?! I’d love to see some pictures!

the mottling gene is simple recessive, so a bird won't show it unless they have 2 copies. As a result, most SFH hybrids show few if any spots. E.g. the near one here is SFH x Barbezieux and has just a sprinkling of white on the end of the head feathers
Hafod Whitford small.jpg

but her heritage was more obvious in juvenile plumage
Whitford.JPG

Parents:
20210715_164645.jpg
20210408_121055.jpg

Daughter:
20210312_153516.jpg

This was done on purpose to see the result. She acquired very little notable traits from both parents, very plain looking hen with a black head crest. Pretty disappointed with the outcome. I sold her.

the mottling gene is simple recessive, so a bird won't show it unless they have 2 copies. As a result, most SFH hybrids show few if any spots. E.g. the near one here is SFH x Barbezieux and has just a sprinkling of white on the end of the head feathers View attachment 3559753
but her heritage was more obvious in juvenile plumage
View attachment 3559754
Oh wow I didn’t know that it was a recessive gene! That’s good to know! Thank you for showing me! Pretty chickens♥️

Back
Top Bottom