Belgian Cuckoo Malines - Next Generation

6 weeks old now. :) First 2 pics are old line Malines.

Below are 2 old line pullets.

A new line cockerel.

A new line pullet.

6 weeks old now.
smile.png
First 2 pics are old line Malines.

Below are 2 old line pullets.

A new line cockerel.

A new line pullet.

Really nice pics! they all look fabulous. Mine never seen to stop moving lol so i have given up trying to capture them.. i'd have to follow them all day like a paparazzi!
gig.gif

Very active birds that love to forage. I love watching mine jump up for flies & mosquitos. :) Good job on the pics! How old are they now?
My camera is broken & I don't know when I'll get a replacement. :(

Btw, is that a French bulldog? So adorable! :D

Last edited:
Very active birds that love to forage. I love watching mine jump up for flies & mosquitos. :) Good job on the pics! How old are they now?
My camera is broken & I don't know when I'll get a replacement. :(

Btw, is that a French bulldog? So adorable! :D

They are just four weeks on Monday. Love them so far! They are all business in that run- Flies don't stand a chance. Really great to see.

That's our Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy in the last photo - he's 5 mos old now. He was hopeful that this was yet another of mum's creative places to leave a squeaky toy. A whole little chicken run full of squeaky toys, in fact. He was disappointed in, but accepting of, the answer. :). He does all of our chicken chores with me every day. Thanks! He is adorable!

They are just four weeks on Monday. Love them so far! They are all business in that run- Flies don't stand a chance. Really great to see.

That's our Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy in the last photo - he's 5 mos old now. He was hopeful that this was yet another of mum's creative places to leave a squeaky toy. A whole little chicken run full of squeaky toys, in fact. He was disappointed in, but accepting of, the answer. :). He does all of our chicken chores with me every day. Thanks! He is adorable!

:lol: Squeaky toys! Hopefully the novelty will wear off over time. ;)

The best I can do with iPhone. :p This shows how great Malines are. This is a mixed age flock from 8 week olds (of several breeds) to 3 year olds. Their calm influence even extends to my 3 year old BSL hen. :) I guess majority rules! :lol: Birds are currently yarded due to previous fox attack. :(

Thanks Chadsky! :) This fox needs to be gone! I'm all for deterring, but this one is too brazen & not intimidated by my dogs. Anyway, here's some pics of the 8 week olds. Using my iPhone until I get a new camera.

Old line cockerel

New line pullet

Old line pullet

New line cockerel

All yellow traits are fading out, as I suspected they would. ;) Remains to be seen which new line cockerel I'll keep. I have one more that wasn't cooperating for the camera. :p

Back
Top Bottom