Horses!!!!!!!!

Alright, well, one of our horse, Grover, is limping really bad.  I think he might have arthritis.  I was thinking about giving him MSM supplement.  Would this be a good product?  And is there a difference in MSM powder and MSM pellets?  If so which one should I give him?  He limps really bad in a trot and a little in a walk.  Are there any other products that I should give him and it is a reasonable price?  The vet is coming tomorrow.  We really need him to get better by Saturday.  We have a horse show and we are planning on riding him.  He is between the ages of 18-20.  Grover is my sisters horse and she dearly loves him and wants to start riding him ASAP.  So if there is anything we could do please tell me!  Thanks!

I would just wait to see what the vet says. You could run your hands down the affected leg, all the way from hoof to shoulder feeling for heat or swelling, because that would be useful for your vet.

It it turns out to be arthritis there are a lot of natural products out there for horses. We have a old 30 year old pony and in the winter he gets a product with MSM and glucosamine and devil's claw and browellian (sp?) and its really helped him.

Alright, well, one of our horse, Grover, is limping really bad.  I think he might have arthritis.  I was thinking about giving him MSM supplement.  Would this be a good product?  And is there a difference in MSM powder and MSM pellets?  If so which one should I give him?  He limps really bad in a trot and a little in a walk.  Are there any other products that I should give him and it is a reasonable price?  The vet is coming tomorrow.  We really need him to get better by Saturday.  We have a horse show and we are planning on riding him.  He is between the ages of 18-20.  Grover is my sisters horse and she dearly loves him and wants to start riding him ASAP.  So if there is anything we could do please tell me!  Thanks!

I would just wait to see what the vet says. You could run your hands down the affected leg, all the way from hoof to shoulder feeling for heat or swelling, because that would be useful for your vet.

It it turns out to be arthritis there are a lot of natural products out there for horses. We have a old 30 year old pony and in the winter he gets a product with MSM and glucosamine and devil's claw and browellian (sp?) and its really helped him.

I had a pony that was 55 and we used a similar product (oral liquid) on her daily. With in a week it made a great difference. I also used to rub her legs in liniment when she seems more sore then other days. I can't remember the name of the product but I have some out in the barn. I am now using it in my 15 yr old drawf mini. He has joint pain b/c of his drawfism. I will post the name later.

Alright, well, one of our horse, Grover, is limping really bad. I think he might have arthritis. I was thinking about giving him MSM supplement. Would this be a good product? And is there a difference in MSM powder and MSM pellets? If so which one should I give him? He limps really bad in a trot and a little in a walk. Are there any other products that I should give him and it is a reasonable price? The vet is coming tomorrow. We really need him to get better by Saturday. We have a horse show and we are planning on riding him. He is between the ages of 18-20. Grover is my sisters horse and she dearly loves him and wants to start riding him ASAP. So if there is anything we could do please tell me! Thanks!
My friend's one horse has arthritis! I'm not sure what she does, but I think she puts listerine mouthwash on her joints where it's sore, but I'm not completely sure. I would wait for the vet.

Quote:
idunno.gif
I guess that too! I'm not completely sure as to what she uses it for, because my horses don't have that problem, but I thought it was for her joints.

Thanks everyone! It is storming out here so the vet said she would come tomorrow. We locked him in a small place so he would not move much. yesterday we bought pure MSM. We are going to give it to him to day. It says for the first 6 days to feed him 1 scoop twice a day then after that lower him down to 1 scoop a day.

hi my name is Sue... I have been raising AQHA horse for years. I love riding trails never into show at all...I raise palomino and buckskin colored horses with my cremello and perlino stallions.
I sold most of my breeding stock off just kept 3 mares. I'll miss the babies every year. Can be seen http//:www.freewebs.com/cremello.com

Count Me Tough, Cremello stallion

Back
Top Bottom