Muscovy keepers share your pics!

Hi everyone! Was wondering if anyone can tell if Quackers is a Muscovy.

I think "he" is a she because she has high pitched quacks & "sings" a lot lol. She's about 4-5 weeks old.

I would say so, at least from what i can see, whether it's pure that is harder to tell till it matures but definitely has some of the features... does it have claws that stick like thumb tacks? lol voice won't mean much Muscovy are not mallard derived, it's all size with them.. while females do have vocals males don't that comes much later on and by then most can tell male vs female.

A real cutie!

That second drake cannot possibly see.. that is beyond over the top, to me it's like what they have done to many dog breeds ruined them by overdoing things. Nice colour though.
I totally agree. Some chicken breeds are getting a bit extreme now, too. Why do so many people want to go to the limits and make a beautiful thing ugly, or cause health problems for the things..
idunno.gif

Quote:
I totally agree. Some chicken breeds are getting a bit extreme now, too. Why do so many people want to go to the limits and make a beautiful thing ugly, or cause health problems for the things..
idunno.gif
Why would anyone want to cause their poor Bull dog to have to have Cesarean because the puppies heads are too large to be born natural? risks to mama and puppies too. And ruin a beautiful lavender Muscovy drake with carnuckles that look to completely cover the eyes Muscovy's in the wild don't look like that. Shouldn't that be the SOP?

Quote:
Why would anyone want to cause their poor Bull dog to have to have Cesarean because the puppies heads are too large to be born natural? risks to mama and puppies too. And ruin a beautiful lavender Muscovy drake with carnuckles that look to completely cover the eyes Muscovy's in the wild don't look like that. Shouldn't that be the SOP?
I came out of the Dog Competition world because of these things. Bulldogs like you say, bloodhounds that have so much skin hanging down and get eye problems, Shar Pei etc that get skin problems because of the excessive folds of skin...... the list goes on....
I used to breed good, sound Dobermanns, but the way they were going wasn´t what they should have been, so I stopped, and once they got old and died, I took in some retired greyhounds, which make great pets. Those are usually good sound dogs. They have to be, because of the demand put on them. Looks aren´t important, so much better. Not that I agree with the sport, mind!

I came out of the Dog Competition world because of these things. Bulldogs like you say, bloodhounds that have so much skin hanging down and get eye problems, Shar Pei etc that get skin problems because of the excessive folds of skin...... the list goes on....
I used to breed good, sound Dobermanns, but the way they were going wasn´t what they should have been, so I stopped, and once they got old and died, I took in some retired greyhounds, which make great pets. Those are usually good sound dogs. They have to be, because of the demand put on them. Looks aren´t important, so much better. Not that I agree with the sport, mind!
I love Dobies, we took one in years ago who was going to be put down because they would rather put their dog to sleep instead of teaching their young child how to respect animals. So we took him not knowing he had hepatitis so we did not have him long but long enough to fall in love with the breed. I hope to have another one day. and now your still taking in dogs.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom