November 2016 Hatch-a-long!!

Yes, we just can't stop!  I have eight Silver Laced Wyandotte eggs in the incubator, expecting a Veteran's Day hatch. I guess I'll have to call the roos "Patton," "McArthur," "Eisenhower"...

I think the Silver-Laced Wyandottes are some of the prettiest large-breed hens, and they are good layers, winter-hardy and sweet tempered.  Hoping for a good hatch!

Nice to see you over here! :)

I feel like a broken record saying " those chickens are pretty!" I guess I just love them all!

I had one Silver Lace Wyandotte that was here when I moved in. She lived to be around 8 years old! RIP old lady hen. :love

Here's my little flock that I got my eggs from. I guess I only have 4 ee hens and then the rooster. The rest are red sex link, a barred rock, a who knows what (the black one), I forget what the brown speckled one is called, and some white plymouth rocks. Oh and two guinea hens. Half of them are molting and their poor pen is just dirt now. :p

I candled early to check the shipped eggs for any trouble. Half of them have wobbly air cells, so Pansy, Narcissus, Rose and Tulip are sitting upright in cut-down cardboard tubing. That worked perfectly for my October hatch. The Silkie with the detached aircell is a big, happy, healthy chick! Yes, I know it's silly to name eggs. I'll very likely end up with a Roo named Pansy.
roll.png

Here's my little flock that I got my eggs from. I guess I only have 4 ee hens and then the rooster. The rest are red sex link, a barred rock, a who knows what (the black one), I forget what the brown speckled one is called, and some white plymouth rocks. Oh and two guinea hens. Half of them are molting and their poor pen is just dirt now. :p
Pretty flock - nice variety!

I candled early to check the shipped eggs for any trouble. Half of them have wobbly air cells, so Pansy, Narcissus, Rose and Tulip are sitting upright in cut-down cardboard tubing. That worked perfectly for my October hatch. The Silkie with the detached aircell is a big, happy, healthy chick! Yes, I know it's silly to name eggs. I'll very likely end up with a Roo named Pansy.
roll.png

I still think it's adorable you name the eggs. It'll be fun for you to see what they turn out to be. I decided what sex my last chicks were at hatch and named them too. We'll see if I'm right. Lol. I probably won't name the next batch because I have 15 in the incubator and that's a lot of names to remember.
Pretty flock - nice variety!
Thanks. I love variety and lots of different colors. I would not make a good pure breed breeder. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom