November 2016 Hatch-a-long!!

Pics
Well I candled agai on day 11. 13 are still active and growing well. I tossed the clear one. I'm about to toss the other one I thought quit early because there's no change.

Must resist setting eggs. I really want to try out my ducks and chicken eggs for the first time, but don't know if the ducklings and chicks would sell this time of year.

Congrats!!

Thanks to all.
I just received the eggs for my thanksgiving hatch. They are mixed colors of American Breese. I'm also supposed to pick up 6 Svart Hoona eggs to go with them!

Ok I am in.... I bought my first incubator last week a no name Chinese one that holds 56 eggs..... my daughters (12 @13) helped me get it set up last Thursday and we put 17 eggs in last Friday so Nov 18th is 21 days .... I think. lol great looking barnyard mixes with some ee, white leghorn, rir, welsummer and golden sexlink so this should be fun!

I candled this weekend. 13/42 are not viable. 29 is still a great number to me. Glad my lavenders are fairing well and most of the isbars. Go November chicks!!

Still in the running:
3/4 ishbar
7/9 ishbar mixes
13/18 lavender orpingtons
6/11 homebrews ;)

Was not going to candle today, but there was an unpleasant odor when I opened the incubator to turn eggs. I do not want a stinkubator ruining my one or two good eggs.

So, I tossed the eggs that have never shown any sign of development, and also the late quitter that has a thick blood ring.

Down to two eggs only, one looking great
smile.png
and the other with a big, funky air cell.

Last edited:
Hey don't be to scared of the air cells, I have had a lot of hatches and and had to put some eggs in the incubator I held for a week because I wanted to time it just right. (this was recently, ) and their air cells were big I was scared but they came out just fine.

Oh, no! One of the eggs got broke today. It had been developing too! A couple others were covered in yolk. We cleaned them up as best we could and put them back. So now, 11 under one, 12 under the other. The Australorp seems to have decided against becomming a mother.

Back
Top Bottom