November 2016 Hatch-a-long!!

Pics
Hi everyone. I have four eggs due this Saturday
smile.png
they are f2 generation of my f1 hens. I'm hoping for good healthy Happy chicks for everyone! Good luck hatching!
Good luck to you! Hope to see some fluffy chick pics.
smile.png

I did my 7 day candle last night
these were shipped eggs... one of them looks like the aircell is on the wrong end but also several of them are (wobbly?) as in jiggly, loose.. not normally what I see when I candle eggs? sorry about my descrip.. not enough coffee/ bad morning so am probably not explaining it very well LOL

Last edited:
Sounds like detached air cell. Very common in shipped eggs. I recommend setting upright and rotating side to side manually. I did that with some eggs from MPC and had good results. Most of mine were saddle shaped.

Of my NN/mystery/store/fowled/yoked eggs...due on the 16th of Nov., 3/4 are developing, one of 4 was clear.

Due on the 18th (4) developing.

I am guessing at least 4 are "questionable" possibly clears. due the 20th.

Others due the 20th (8) developing.

Not too bad since I don't know how long they were fridged.

Of my NN/mystery/store/fowled/yoked eggs...due on the 16th of Nov., 3/4 are developing, one of 4 was clear.

Due on the 18th (4) developing.

I am guessing at least 4 are "questionable" possibly clears. due the 20th.

Others due the 20th (8) developing.

Not too bad since I don't know how long they were fridged.

Not bad at all considering they were refrigerated. Looks like you and I will be expecting chicks on the 16th.

It's lock down time! Got my last candle viewing to mark the air cell and placed them back in. It's been pretty dry around here. Having to add water everyday for more humidity. I am excited! I love fall chicks. They spend so much time with me inside that they are super friendly by spring :)

Last edited:
Ugh opened one of the bators this morning to an awful stink!!! Yikes one of my super dark olive eggers had dried white stuff on it like it was starting to seep... Hoping it didn't contaminate the others
1f61d.png
Pulled it out and can't just throw it away had to open it in a plastic bag lol. Looks like it was 10 days or so today was day 14. Getting them set for hatch in a cpl more days can't wait!!! Isbars, silkie/isbar mixes and AMs plus one OE that wasn't stinky!

Sorry, I was gone for awhile! My son was sick all weekend and was rather high maintenance as he was feeling super crummy and missed Halloween :(

If you joined us.... Welcome!!

I'll try to get caught up!

It's lock down time! Got my last candle viewing to mark the air cell and placed them back in. It's been pretty dry around here. Having to add water everyday for more humidity. I am excited! I love fall chicks. They spend so much time with me inside that they are super friendly by spring
smile.png
So exciting! You keep your chicks in the house? I am sure they thrive with the attention. How long do you keep them with you?

Back
Top Bottom