San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Funny...I CAN picture this in my head.
lol.png
I will forever see you as Big Bird now.

big bird in june

no thats sounds like fun.........

DEB YOU told me once that you reinforced around your chain linkfence for the goats with a2 by 4 I'm getting Nigerian Dwarf goats in a couple weeks could you explain that a little more or show me a pic

DEB YOU told me once that you reinforced around your chain linkfence for the goats with a2 by 4 I'm getting Nigerian Dwarf goats in a couple weeks could you explain that a little more or show me a pic
I am afraid I just talked about wanting to do it. But There are a couple of ways to do it. I only have dog kennel panels if you have regular chainlink your board sizes might be different. But take the two by fours and fasten them to the pipe or tube either with a screw through the pipe or tube.... Self drilling tapping sheet metal screws work great for that though I would put a washer between the head of the screw and the wood..

Another way is to use the actual kennel clamp bore a hole through the wood then buy a Carriage bolt long enough to fasten through the wood AND the Kennel clamp.

If you are using regular chainlink with posts that are in the ground then you will need to buy those wood brackets for fence posts.

I am Sorry I didnt build it... I can sketch it up but I just got back from taking mom for tests at the hospital and my brain isnt working too well.

deb

Completely forgot, but thanks OZ about all the info on the quail! I'm just trying to talk my folks around to keeping more birds, which they've slightly warmed up to.

Currently, the rents are under the belief that we should slaughter of all our current chickens and bring in a new flock that are all of the same breed, since according to Ma, if they're all the same breed, they'll get along and stop pecking at one another's chicks.

Told her it doesn't work that way but then she launched into a rant about how when she kept chickens, none of this nonsense (ostracizing a hen, bullying chicks) ever happened to her.

Completely forgot, but thanks OZ about all the info on the quail! I'm just trying to talk my folks around to keeping more birds, which they've slightly warmed up to.

Currently, the rents are under the belief that we should slaughter of all our current chickens and bring in a new flock that are all of the same breed, since according to Ma, if they're all the same breed, they'll get along and stop pecking at one another's chicks.

Told her it doesn't work that way but then she launched into a rant about how when she kept chickens, none of this nonsense (ostracizing a hen, bullying chicks) ever happened to her.
only humans follow your moms line of thinking - chickens do it by finding vulnerabilities

only humans follow your moms line of thinking - chickens do it by finding vulnerabilities
I think humans, chickens, dogs, goats, just about every animal I've ever encountered like to find a weak one and bully it. REally go to any schoolyard or office and you will see what I mean. We prey on the weak!

I think humans, chickens, dogs, goats, just about every animal I've ever encountered like to find a weak one and bully it. REally go to any schoolyard or office and you will see what I mean. We prey on the weak!
I was refering to the broad: belief that we should slaughter of all our current chickens and bring in a new flock that are all of the same breed, since according to Ma, if they're all the same breed, they'll get along

Bullies are bullies in any animal

I cant imagine where I am going to find a multi-XL chicken costume.

I may have to abduct big bird
I just got an idea! You go as Big Bird and I will go as Big Egg!!

Hey everyone, I used a different browser (Firefox) and I can type into the text of a msg again!! I will make up for all the PM's and posts I have missed out on
in the last few months! (Don't worry, just kidding)..wont put you all thru that!

Glenn
Great time at the meet up, thanks to all who planned and participated, and Bea, I am enjoying the delicious tamales!!

I just got an idea! You go as Big Bird and I will go as Big Egg!!

Hey everyone, I used a different browser (Firefox) and I can type into the text of a msg again!! I will make up for all the PM's and posts I have missed out on
in the last few months! (Don't worry, just kidding)..wont put you all thru that!

Glenn
Great time at the meet up, thanks to all who planned and participated, and Bea, I am enjoying the delicious tamales!!
i will - as long as you can hook AC up to my chicken suit

Back
Top Bottom