San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Newbie in Valley Center:) excited that I am not the only crazy chicken lady out here! Would love to join your next meetup.
Also, looking to rehome (free) a large barred rock rooster, three years old. Super sweet. Also a same age white/black /gray Plymouth mix rooster. I have several combined flocks and too many roosters! Help byc-ers...can email pics, can't seem to
Load from my phone...
Good night
Teresa
Welcome! I am in Valley Center as well.

Dana
hugs.gif
I'm so sorry. What a shock. :(

Dana, like everyone else, I am so sorry to hear what happened. What a beautiful boy he was. I had this same things happen to one in my flock a month ago. Looked like she had just layed down. No trama on her at all. It was very sad. Hugs to you

Thanks everyone... I am still in shock. I guess now the hunt begins for another cockerel, or a shipment of eggs. Phage, if I do shipped eggs, would you consider setting them for me? They cost a small fortune, and I know your incubator is so much better than mine. (Plus you have hatch-itis!)
smile.png

Thanks everyone... I am still in shock. I guess now the hunt begins for another cockerel, or a shipment of eggs. Phage, if I do shipped eggs, would you consider setting them for me? They cost a small fortune, and I know your incubator is so much better than mine. (Plus you have hatch-itis!)
smile.png
Hi Dana,
So sorry to hear about the roo
hugs.gif

I think I hatched him.
Of course I would set any eggs for you. I am also looking to see if the egg seller has a spare roo she would ship.

Hi Dana,

So sorry for the loss of your roo. Whenever ANY of us lose a bird we ALL feel it.
Very hard to accept, I cherish every day I have with my little friends.

Regrets, Glenn

Hey Lois,

Well 3 of them made it. Also the 2 I had gotten day old made it inspite of the adoptive Serama Hen deciding that they didn't belong
with her little brood. After keeping an eye on them for 2 hrs, I figured they were welcome. In morning they were very sore headed where
she had pecked at them. Gave them extra care under heatlamp inside and they grew up fine, sound like squeaky gate.
(Must be female...whoops, that didn't come out the way I meant..)
hope you enjoyed the coffee.

PMing you.
Glenn
First time I uploaded pics, got carried away.

Back
Top Bottom