San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Pics
Quote:
Thanks so much for the offer. About an hour after I listed them on craigslist, a woman came and took all four. She seems very knowledgable, and will take good care of them. I told her about our meet up, and she may join us.I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. Thanks again,
cool.png

Post preview
I've told several people about this, I'm so excited!! I've been looking for chicken-related items, and found a few. Really looking forward to meeting you all. I think I'll print out a couple photos of my girls, since I don't want to haul them over. See you soon,
cool.png

Do you think some of us should put it in our line under our post. That way if other people want to come they will find out about it.

Hi, I just joined right now. I was lurking around for a bit. I have the chicken bug again. I had chickens as a youngster and LOVED them. When I got my own place, I got 6 and ended up with like 60. When I thought a hen ran away she would come back with a clutch. I have been looking around and wanting to buy a few hens. I responded to a few people on craigslist but none responded to me. It is so frustrating. I really do not want to go the incubator route because I cannot have roosters here and I am sure someone will turn me in. My father is not around anymore, he use to help me out if I was in a bind.

I was looking for a Southern Ca meetup but it seems like I missed the one closer to me in Pomona. I am hoping to drive down and meet like minded people that are crazy about chickens.
big_smile.png

Is it okay if I join you guys? I hope you do not mind. I do not actually have chickens yet. I am a gardener and could bring things to trade. Eggs would be great now since I do not have the hens yet. Well, just let me know if it is okay to join and if anyone near LA or the San Gabriel Valley wants to go, you can hop a ride with me.

Nancy

Quote:
cutiepie - should I bring you the serama? Do you want me to take the male crested mallard? Just trying to get an idea of what I am bringing and hadn't heard back from ya.
big_smile.png

Quote:
You are welcome to come hang out with us. I don't have any extra chics now, but they do come on craigslist every once in a while. You just missed mine by 10 days. Anyway, we'll look forward to meeting you!
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom