September Hatch-A-Long

I've got 21 in the bator due 9/15...although I think I'll see at least 2 of those closer to the 10th. I'm constantly hovering over them, the suspense is ridiculous! When my hens were broody, I'd hardly even notice then come home one day to a bunch of peepers and now I'm a nervous wreck...but I'm loving it!

And the finally tally on the RSL 4 chick sex guessing game is...... 3 girls and a guy!

Congrats to Lauraschicks, Cream Puff and VA Raptor. And honorable mention to American Mom as one of the chicks could've been easily confused but upon drying displays the faintest bit of red tinge. I'll probably name her "Pat."

("Pat" is a Saturday Night Live reference)

thumbsup.gif
wee.gif

LOCKDOWN!!

my remaining three out of 18 had signs of life two days ago, I listened to them this morning but didn't hear anything, my candler sucks so I couldn't see any movement in side. I've got them in the carton, temp is okay, struggling to get the humidity past 60.

we'll see how it turns out - not getting my hopes up.

fl.gif

And the finally tally on the RSL 4 chick sex guessing game is......   3 girls and a guy!

Congrats to Lauraschicks, Cream Puff and VA Raptor.   And honorable mention to American Mom as one of the chicks could've been easily confused but upon drying displays the faintest bit of red tinge.  I'll probably name her "Pat."

:thumbsup

Yay, I FINALLY won ssomething! :D

Last edited:
Starting my batch tomorrow, August 31

12 Welsummer eggs

This is my first time using an incubator...

:jumpy

Well here's hoping you have better luck than I did my first hatch. Though I had much better luck with my first one than my last. My first was 39%. My last was 0%.
Wishing you Beginner's Luck,..plus!
Lauraschicks ;)

And the finally tally on the RSL 4 chick sex guessing game is......   3 girls and a guy!

Congrats to Lauraschicks, Cream Puff and VA Raptor.   And honorable mention to American Mom as one of the chicks could've been easily confused but upon drying displays the faintest bit of red tinge.  I'll probably name her "Pat."

:thumbsup

:yesss: Congrats on getting more pullets than roos. I know about the SNL reference to Pat, lol. I always reference people that I'm unsure of their gender as "Pat."

A Welsummer just hatched...I don't see much eyeliner, though. I'd say a Patrick.
roll.png

One Olive Egger and the three remaining Cinnamon Queens have pipped.
Still have 4 Welsummers and 3 other OE's just lollygagging in their respective carton cups.
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom