~«Survival By War»~ (Warrior cat rp)

Snakepaw glanced around as all the nearby cats turned their gazes away from Silverkit's outburst before he nudged her shoulder with a paw. "Hey, they're just enjoying their kit hood. It's probably better than losing their minds over not being apprenticed. And hey remember that you only have two sunrises till you'll be apprenticed then I'm sure who ever mentors you will have to catch you up on that lost time." Snakepaw then stood up and flicked Silverkit with his tail. "Come on, let's get you to Amberpool before she storms the camp looking for you."

~

Lostpaw nodded. "Right, I wouldn't be surprised if the clan has eaten everything else inside so this salmon should get you some attention." He walked besides her again but he kept his eyes down on the pathway in front of him, staying his usual silent self the whole way back to the entrance of camp.

~

Canopypaw gave her chest a quick few licks as her friends exchanged in conversation, her ears were pricked to show she was listening. "Wingpaw's right, we can figure this all out but until we do we should be sure to keep up with our duties." She paused and shot a smile towards Wingpaw "If you live being late to that patrol of yours, you should hunt us a squirrel, I haven't had one in forever!" She meowed playfully and with a bit of exaggeration. The clan had been hunting mainly birds though, which was usual but with the colder seasons approaching Canopypaw figured now was the time to be snatching up the squirrels that shared the tree tops with Cloudclan.
"Yeah, I suppose you're right." Silverkit bounced to her paws, trotting alongside him. She could see Amberpool standing by the nursery, Wolfkit playing with stone by her side. The moment the she-cat saw her, she came rushing over, licking Silverkit's ears.
"Great StarClan, Silverkit! Don't go running off like that!" Amberpool scolded, pulling away from her kit.
"Amberpool! I'm not a kit anymore!"
"But you're still my kit." The queen sighed, shaking her head. She gave a sideways glance to Snakepaw, and Silverkit could see almost unease in her mother's eyes. "Oh, hello there, Snakepaw. Come on, now, Silverkit, Brightkit is looking for you."
With a huff, Silverkit allowed herself to be swept away by her mother's tail. She twisted her head over her shoulder, flicking her tail slightly. "Bye, Snakepaw!"

~

"You caught it, though." Brokenwing reasoned, hauling the large fish up the slope. As they slipped into camp, she stumbled slightly, before adjusting the fish better. She already heard impressed meows echoing in the cave. "They'll have you to thank."

~

Wingpaw laughed, returning her smile. "Right, I'll catch you a squirrel," he purred. "See you later. Bye, Canopypaw!" He meowed, turning and slipping out of the den.
Ravenpaw angled her ears, hearing the soft scolding of Nightflower to Wingpaw as the tom approached her. "'Bye, Canopypaw'?" Ravenpaw snorted. "What am I, fresh-kill?"

Last edited:
"Worth a try, though, right?" Crowpaw glanced at her, unable to suppress a grin at the glow in her eyes and her readied stance. "Already then, birdie, why don't you give your rabbit-hunting skills a try?"
Something in Crowpaw's voice suddenly had her wanting to take his challenge very literally. So she nodded once, then began to back up, keeping her eyes riveted to his all the while. She continued up and over the rise where the drama of the hare hunt had transpired and kept crawling blindly until she felt scraggly brush creep over her back. Only now did she turn, seeking out the nearest tree. Hazelpaw surged up the sturdy little hawthorn without hesitation, relishing in the familiar rush that generated as her claws threaded in and out of the bark.
Purring, she nestled herself on one of the highest branches and waited.

"Yeah, I suppose you're right." Silverkit bounced to her paws, trotting alongside him. She could see Amberpool standing by the nursery, Wolfkit playing with stone by her side. The moment the she-cat saw her, she came rushing over, licking Silverkit's ears.
"Great StarClan, Silverkit! Don't go running off like that!" Amberpool scolded, pulling away from her kit.
"Amberpool! I'm not a kit anymore!"
"But you're still my kit." The queen sighed, shaking her head. She gave a sideways glance to Snakepaw, and Silverkit could see almost unease in her mother's eyes. "Oh, hello there, Snakepaw. Come on, now, Silverkit, Brightkit is looking for you."
With a huff, Silverkit allowed herself to be swept away by her mother's tail. She twisted her head over her shoulder, flicking her tail slightly. "Bye, Snakepaw!"

~

"You caught it, though." Brokenwing reasoned, hauling the large fish up the slope. As they slipped into camp, she stumbled slightly, before adjusting the fish better. She already heard impressed meows echoing in the cave. "They'll have you to thank."

~

Wingpaw laughed, returning her smile. "Right, I'll catch you a squirrel," he purred. "See you later. Bye, Canopypaw!" He meowed, turning and slipping out of the den.
Ravenpaw angled her ears, hearing the soft scolding of Nightflower to Wingpaw as the tom approached her. "'Bye, Canopypaw'?" Ravenpaw snorted. "What am I, fresh-kill?"

Snakepaw stood next to Silverkit awkwardly as her mother came to fret over her daughter. Snakepaw nodded his head to Amberpool at her quick greeting before she swept her daughter away. Snakepaw flicked his tail back and let a small smile slip as he meowed a quick goodbye.

~

Lostpaw shook his head "I don't want the praise, besides you caught your fair share too, you deserved to be recognized as a great new warrior." He then paused before he winked at her, hoping she'd go along with him as he spoke so their clan mates that came to look at the catch would hear him. "It's your first day as a warrior afterall and to think you caught the first salmon of the season. You're already putting that new name to good use!"

~

Canopypaw purred "Yeah, see you later, hopefully with a squirrel!" She called to him before he completely left the den. She then flicked her ear in amusement at Ravenpaw before she playfully batted her friend's ear. "You know how mouse brained he can be, look he even made himself late for his patrol, what a silly tom."

Willowstar gave a small tired smile. "I made sure I slipped away quietly, the clan is busy celebrating so I doubt eavesdroppers would even be able to hear us." She reassured as she finally sat down, curling her thin tail over her paws. "You should come out tomorrow, it's been long enough and the clan misses you. Besides I have an apprentice ceremony to do in two sunrises and I'd hate for you to miss another ceremony."

Nettlepaw, casually sorting dock leaves, listened closely to the cats talking. She drew her gaze from the herbs, no longer trying to hide the fact that she was listening, watching them intently.

Willowstar shot a glance to Nettlepaw, she didn't show it but she felt unease from the medicine cat apprentice's gaze. She wondered how much the she-cat held against her for her choices with her mentor and even more wondered if she herself could ever fully convince Nettlepaw that it was all she could do.

Nettlepaw was unfazed by the sharp glance the leader shot at her. Her mind was working quickly, too quickly almost. Willowstar was her leader, and was only trying to protect both Hawkclaw and Ashstripe, and for that Nettlepaw admired her, for any other leader may have cast them out, or ripped them of their positions. Yet, in the back of her mind, she couldn't shove down the ever growing dislike for the leader. To rip a mother from her kits...Nettlepaw shook her head ever so slightly. It was unthinkable.
But, then again. What else could they do, leave Ashstripe to raise the kits, and do what? Tell the clan, and make Ashstripe out as a code-breaker? Cast the kits out once they were old enough and leave them alone?
What was one to do, when faced with such a situation?

Willowstar turned her icy gaze back to Ashstripe but the thought of the apprentice still lingered. Nettlepaw could hate her for all she cared, but Willowstar couldn't allow it to effect her decisions. This was her plan and she would stay firm no matter what everyone felt about it. A leader does what's best for her clan mates and this was what's best for Hawkclaw and Ashstripe and most importantly their kits. Willowstar for a moment wondered in her gut if these secrets were for the best of her clan... or if they were best for her friends. No that couldn't be it, how could taking Ashstripe's kits do her any good. It was a grey area Willowstar decided she couldn't dwell in, she'd push through this whole thing, after all it's what she does best.
"I've missed being out there, too," Ashstripe agreed. "And they'll take my word for my being safe to be around. I am still their medicine cat." The ghost of a frown passed across her muzzle as she thought those words over internally. That sounded so much like a question...because it was. What was she really now? A medicine cat, an ex-mate, a mother, a lawbreaker, a liar, or all of it concurrently? Could she ever be just one or were these titles invisibly emblazoned into her forever?

"I've missed being out there, too," Ashstripe agreed. "And they'll take my word for my being safe to be around. I am still their medicine cat." The ghost of a frown passed across her muzzle as she thought those words over internally. That sounded so much like a question...because it was. What was she really now? A medicine cat, an ex-mate, a mother, a lawbreaker, a liar, or all of it concurrently? Could she ever be just one or were these titles invisibly emblazoned into her forever?

"Of course they will and it'll good to have you back, I'm sure the clan will be excited." Willowstar said firmly, trying to reassure Ashstripe in her own way. She pondered bringing up the kits for a second before she closed her muzzle tight, deciding now wasn't the time to talk about what the future held for the two little she-cats awaiting Willowstar in the Nursery and not their real mother who was to be stuck in the her den for one more day, almost like a prisoner Willowstar decided cruelly in her mind. Even though prisoner seemed the most fitting of name for Ashstripe's position in her plan, Willowstar couldn't wait till some freedom would finally fall onto the medicine cat tomorrow.

"Of course they will and it'll good to have you back, I'm sure the clan will be excited." Willowstar said firmly, trying to reassure Ashstripe in her own way. She pondered bringing up the kits for a second before she closed her muzzle tight, deciding now wasn't the time to talk about what the future held for the two little she-cats awaiting Willowstar in the Nursery and not their real mother who was to be stuck in the her den for one more day, almost like a prisoner Willowstar decided cruelly in her mind. Even though prisoner seemed the most fitting of name for Ashstripe's position in her plan, Willowstar couldn't wait till some freedom would finally fall onto the medicine cat tomorrow.
"And how about the cats themselves?" The question wasn't just entirely directed at Willowstar, but rather Nettlepaw. "Everyone looking okay? I haven't..." Ashstripe didn't expect her throat to tighten then, but it did. She shook her head dismissively, then let her gaze move completely to Nettlepaw. "I haven't done a routine look-over in a while. I mean, I completely trust that you're capable, and even beyond, but I just...I'm used to..."

Something in Crowpaw's voice suddenly had her wanting to take his challenge very literally. So she nodded once, then began to back up, keeping her eyes riveted to his all the while. She continued up and over the rise where the drama of the hare hunt had transpired and kept crawling blindly until she felt scraggly brush creep over her back. Only now did she turn, seeking out the nearest tree. Hazelpaw surged up the sturdy little hawthorn without hesitation, relishing in the familiar rush that generated as her claws threaded in and out of the bark.
Purring, she nestled herself on one of the highest branches and waited.
Blue eyes locked on the little ginger she-cat nest, Crowpaw crawled at a slower pace after her, body low to the ground. He paused on the top of the rise, watching intently. She was around three tree lengths away, and he could just barely make out her pale pelt in the thick branches.
His gaze flickered rapidly over the moor, searching for a rabbit. A creature was hopping several tree lengths away from Hazelpaw's bush, nibbling on grasses and herbs.
And he waited.
He didn't move, merely watched Hazelpaw, wondering whether or not the CloudClan cat would go after it, or lay in wait.
Only time'll tell.

Snakepaw stood next to Silverkit awkwardly as her mother came to fret over her daughter. Snakepaw nodded his head to Amberpool at her quick greeting before she swept her daughter away. Snakepaw flicked his tail back and let a small smile slip as he meowed a quick goodbye.

~

Lostpaw shook his head "I don't want the praise, besides you caught your fair share too, you deserved to be recognized as a great new warrior." He then paused before he winked at her, hoping she'd go along with him as he spoke so their clan mates that came to look at the catch would hear him. "It's your first day as a warrior afterall and to think you caught the first salmon of the season. You're already putting that new name to good use!"

~

Canopypaw purred "Yeah, see you later, hopefully with a squirrel!" She called to him before he completely left the den. She then flicked her ear in amusement at Ravenpaw before she playfully batted her friend's ear. "You know how mouse brained he can be, look he even made himself late for his patrol, what a silly tom."
Brokenwing ducked her head, her pelt heating up, embarrassment washing over her. She was torn between telling the clan that it was really Lostpaw who had caught it, or not. But the subtle wink he gave her almost forced her to play along. "I-I...it's nothing, really," she murmured, dropping the salmon, meows and purrs of congratulations and astonishment echoing around her. "It....it...it's just a salmon."

~

Ravenpaw squealed, swatting at Canopypaw, before jumping to her paws, shaking her pelt. "Mmm," she mused. "He's definitely a bit of a mouse-brain. Nightflower's giving him a good and well-deserved scolding for being late!" She huffed. "Anyway, do you need any help collecting herbs or anything? I'm free, so if you need the help, I'd be happy to."

"And how about the cats themselves?" The question wasn't just entirely directed at Willowstar, but rather Nettlepaw. "Everyone looking okay? I haven't..." Ashstripe didn't expect her throat to tighten then, but it did. She shook her head dismissively, then let her gaze move completely to Nettlepaw. "I haven't done a routine look-over in a while. I mean, I completely trust that you're capable, and even beyond, but I just...I'm used to..."
"Everyone is fine." Nettlepaw responded after a moment, having been to caught in her thoughts to realize she was being spoken to directly. "I know you're used to doing your routine and such, but the kits are healthy and happy, Sagepaw is wonderful, and the rest of the clan, despite a few scratches or thorns in there paws here and there, are fine."

Brokenwing ducked her head, her pelt heating up, embarrassment washing over her. She was torn between telling the clan that it was really Lostpaw who had caught it, or not. But the subtle wink he gave her almost forced her to play along. "I-I...it's nothing, really," she murmured, dropping the salmon, meows and purrs of congratulations and astonishment echoing around her. "It....it...it's just a salmon."

~

Ravenpaw squealed, swatting at Canopypaw, before jumping to her paws, shaking her pelt. "Mmm," she mused. "He's definitely a bit of a mouse-brain. Nightflower's giving him a good and well-deserved scolding for being late!" She huffed. "Anyway, do you need any help collecting herbs or anything? I'm free, so if you need the help, I'd be happy to."

(Why... why is Brokenwing literally me XD)
Lostpaw kinda let himself fade into the background next to Brokenwing as everyone took turns praising and striking up talk around them. While no one really focused on him as Brokenwing was now the center of attention, his fur still crawled with discomfort at all the cats around them. He glanced around and his eyes locked on his mentor's. Bramblefur seemed to be regarding him and Brokenwing with a usual unimpressed glare. Lostpaw was quick to glance away, looking to his paws to quietly listen to the cats talk around him.

~

Canopypaw gave a long stretch before she straightened to her paws. She glanced around her den for a moment before she nodded. "Yeah, I need some horsetail and marigold." She paused before tilted her head. "Horsetail is out in the Pineclan area, I say we should just get marigold and sneak off to Warming Shore for a bit." She crippled leg was a bit achy and the thought of the warm stones against it made her plan sound all the more good to her, it wasn't like they immediately needed Horsetail anyways.

"Everyone is fine." Nettlepaw responded after a moment, having been to caught in her thoughts to realize she was being spoken to directly. "I know you're used to doing your routine and such, but the kits are healthy and happy, Sagepaw is wonderful, and the rest of the clan, despite a few scratches or thorns in there paws here and there, are fine."

Willowstar listened in interest to Nettlepaw's run through of the clan's health. She felt some pride in the knowledge that the apprentice had been so well trained by Ashstripe. "Your apprentice is right, the clan is very healthy right now, everything is going back to being quiet for once." She then smiled more relaxed as she added. "You've trained Nettlepaw well, sooner or later you'll have to give her that medicine cat name of hers if she keeps this up."

Back
Top Bottom