~«Survival By War»~ (Warrior cat rp)

(Why... why is Brokenwing literally me XD)
Lostpaw kinda let himself fade into the background next to Brokenwing as everyone took turns praising and striking up talk around them. While no one really focused on him as Brokenwing was now the center of attention, his fur still crawled with discomfort at all the cats around them. He glanced around and his eyes locked on his mentor's. Bramblefur seemed to be regarding him and Brokenwing with a usual unimpressed glare. Lostpaw was quick to glance away, looking to his paws to quietly listen to the cats talk around him.

~

Canopypaw gave a long stretch before she straightened to her paws. She glanced around her den for a moment before she nodded. "Yeah, I need some horsetail and marigold." She paused before tilted her head. "Horsetail is out in the Pineclan area, I say we should just get marigold and sneak off to Warming Shore for a bit." She crippled leg was a bit achy and the thought of the warm stones against it made her plan sound all the more good to her, it wasn't like they immediately needed Horsetail anyways.

Willowstar listened in interest to Nettlepaw's run through of the clan's health. She felt some pride in the knowledge that the apprentice had been so well trained by Ashstripe. "Your apprentice is right, the clan is very healthy right now, everything is going back to being quiet for once." She then smiled more relaxed as she added. "You've trained Nettlepaw well, sooner or later you'll have to give her that medicine cat name of hers if she keeps this up."
(XD)

Brokenwing shrunk back, slowly backing away and slipping away almost unnoticed as the clan's praise died away. She spotted Lostpaw sitting alone, his shoulders hunched and head down, his skinny frame closed almost closed off. She approached him slowly, hesitating. She didn't say a word, only sat down, curling her tail around her paws in silence, just feeling the warmth of the sun while sitting next to Lostpaw.

~

"That'd be nice," Ravenpaw meowed, copying Canopypaw's stretch, though she over dramatized it by stretching her legs out as far as possible, before bouncing back up. Without waiting she dashed from the den, before pausing, realizing Canopypaw wasn't quite so fast. "Come on, lets go!"

~

Nettlepaw couldn't help but smile a little, ducking her head. "I'm just doing my duty to my clan, Willowstar."

(XD)

Brokenwing shrunk back, slowly backing away and slipping away almost unnoticed as the clan's praise died away. She spotted Lostpaw sitting alone, his shoulders hunched and head down, his skinny frame closed almost closed off. She approached him slowly, hesitating. She didn't say a word, only sat down, curling her tail around her paws in silence, just feeling the warmth of the sun while sitting next to Lostpaw.

~

"That'd be nice," Ravenpaw meowed, copying Canopypaw's stretch, though she over dramatized it by stretching her legs out as far as possible, before bouncing back up. Without waiting she dashed from the den, before pausing, realizing Canopypaw wasn't quite so fast. "Come on, lets go!"

~

Nettlepaw couldn't help but smile a little, ducking her head. "I'm just doing my duty to my clan, Willowstar."

Lostpaw felt comfort as Brokenwing sat quietly next to him, he didn't often enjoy a clan mate's company but Brokenwing was a much more peaceful cat to be around then most of them anyways. He supposed he might as well stay in camp for the day instead of slinking off to wander the territory in solitude. He let his muscles loosen up and felt his shoulder slump in a more relaxed way. He decided this was a moment he didn't want to ruin with words.

~

Canopypaw was quick to skip after Ravenpaw, giggling at her impatience. "I'm coming! Sorry my three legs aren't as fast as your four!" She replied teasingly as she slid out of the medicine cat den with Ravenpaw.

~

Willowstar flicked her tail against Nettlepaw's flank. "Don't be so modest, you work so hard, harder then most have to, you should be recognized for it." She insisted good naturedly. "I don't know how long a medicine cat has to really train but I'm sure you don't have much more to learn with all I've seen from you."

Lostpaw felt comfort as Brokenwing sat quietly next to him, he didn't often enjoy a clan mate's company but Brokenwing was a much more peaceful cat to be around then most of them anyways. He supposed he might as well stay in camp for the day instead of slinking off to wander the territory in solitude. He let his muscles loosen up and felt his shoulder slump in a more relaxed way. He decided this was a moment he didn't want to ruin with words.

~

Canopypaw was quick to skip after Ravenpaw, giggling at her impatience. "I'm coming! Sorry my three legs aren't as fast as your four!" She replied teasingly as she slid out of the medicine cat den with Ravenpaw.

~

Willowstar flicked her tail against Nettlepaw's flank. "Don't be so modest, you work so hard, harder then most have to, you should be recognized for it." She insisted good naturedly. "I don't know how long a medicine cat has to really train but I'm sure you don't have much more to learn with all I've seen from you."
Brokenwing watched the clan converse and celebrate the new warriors, a group of cats nibbling at the salmon in the corner of camp. Rabbitleap and Gingersplash playing, leaping in the air and chasing leaves that had already fallen before leaf-fall had fully approached. Sagepaw, her gaze wistful as she stared out of the cave and somewhere past the waterfall, before she turned and vanished in the ground. Snakepaw turning away from the nursery, oddly a small smile on his muzzle.
The clan was alive. Flourishing, and happy. And so was she.
She turned to Lostpaw, letting a small smile cross her muzzle. She had never spoken to much to him, but they shared enough time together for her to figure that he was the best friend a cat could ever have.

~

"Don't be sorry! I'm just to fast, I guess." The black she-cat shrugged, before pausing. "I should ask Sootstorm before I just dissapear, shouldn't I?" She meowed with a frown, turning to Canopypaw.

~

"It's all thanks to Ashstripe, though." Nettlepaw murmured, turning to gaze to the gray she-cat. "If it weren't for her, I wouldn't be who I am today."

Brokenwing watched the clan converse and celebrate the new warriors, a group of cats nibbling at the salmon in the corner of camp. Rabbitleap and Gingersplash playing, leaping in the air and chasing leaves that had already fallen before leaf-fall had fully approached. Sagepaw, her gaze wistful as she stared out of the cave and somewhere past the waterfall, before she turned and vanished in the ground. Snakepaw turning away from the nursery, oddly a small smile on his muzzle.
The clan was alive. Flourishing, and happy. And so was she.
She turned to Lostpaw, letting a small smile cross her muzzle. She had never spoken to much to him, but they shared enough time together for her to figure that he was the best friend a cat could ever have.

~

"Don't be sorry! I'm just to fast, I guess." The black she-cat shrugged, before pausing. "I should ask Sootstorm before I just dissapear, shouldn't I?" She meowed with a frown, turning to Canopypaw.

~

"It's all thanks to Ashstripe, though." Nettlepaw murmured, turning to gaze to the gray she-cat. "If it weren't for her, I wouldn't be who I am today."

Lostpaw watched the clan with a slight tilt to his head as he pondered how lively and happy they all seemed. He sniffed the air for a second and was quietly delighted that the scent of smoke had cleared and with it the despair that came from the camp fire not so long ago. He still felt deep down that he didn't completely belong here, with all this cats but it was still the closest thing to home he figured he'll ever have. Lostpaw noticed Brokenwing turn to him with a small smile and Lostpaw returned one of his own. "What?" He asked her quietly, wondering what she was thinking about and if it was anything like his own thoughts.

~

Canopypaw shrugged nonchalantly. "Why ask him, we don't need his permission to go anywhere but I mean if you really wanna double check then be my guest, you have to make it quick though! I don't wanna get caught up talking with your mentor when we could be laying on Warming Shore." She reasoned with a sigh before she paused to look around camp for the young black warrior, hoping Sootstorm wouldn't side track them too much.

~

Willowstar nodded, understanding the loyalty and bond Nettlepaw had with Ashstripe. "She has done an amazing job training you, the elite mentor skills Ashstripe has with you are hard to come by, it's good to see that you two are so close."

Lostpaw watched the clan with a slight tilt to his head as he pondered how lively and happy they all seemed. He sniffed the air for a second and was quietly delighted that the scent of smoke had cleared and with it the despair that came from the camp fire not so long ago. He still felt deep down that he didn't completely belong here, with all this cats but it was still the closest thing to home he figured he'll ever have. Lostpaw noticed Brokenwing turn to him with a small smile and Lostpaw returned one of his own. "What?" He asked her quietly, wondering what she was thinking about and if it was anything like his own thoughts.

~

Canopypaw shrugged nonchalantly. "Why ask him, we don't need his permission to go anywhere but I mean if you really wanna double check then be my guest, you have to make it quick though! I don't wanna get caught up talking with your mentor when we could be laying on Warming Shore." She reasoned with a sigh before she paused to look around camp for the young black warrior, hoping Sootstorm wouldn't side track them too much.

~

Willowstar nodded, understanding the loyalty and bond Nettlepaw had with Ashstripe. "She has done an amazing job training you, the elite mentor skills Ashstripe has with you are hard to come by, it's good to see that you two are so close."
"Nothing," Brokenwing murmured. "I'm just happy. Really, really happy. It's just so good to see the clan like this again."

~

"Alright, alright. I just don't need my mentor thinking I'm missing that's all. Let's just go, then!" The slightly cold air washed away the Dark Forest dream, leaving Ravenpaw feeling much lighter. While she still wanted to tell Sootstorm, she also wanted to get to the Warming Shore as quick as possible.

~

Nettlepaw smiled, but stayed silent. Ashstripe was the best mentor a cat could ever ask for. She could never see herself being trained by any other cat other then Ashstripe. Trailing after Ashstripe since she could walk properly had left Nettlepaw feeling literal kinship with the she-cat, and she could never imagine a better mentor. "It's a one of a kind bond, I suppose."

"Everyone is fine." Nettlepaw responded after a moment, having been to caught in her thoughts to realize she was being spoken to directly. "I know you're used to doing your routine and such, but the kits are healthy and happy, Sagepaw is wonderful, and the rest of the clan, despite a few scratches or thorns in there paws here and there, are fine."

Willowstar listened in interest to Nettlepaw's run through of the clan's health. She felt some pride in the knowledge that the apprentice had been so well trained by Ashstripe. "Your apprentice is right, the clan is very healthy right now, everything is going back to being quiet for once." She then smiled more relaxed as she added. "You've trained Nettlepaw well, sooner or later you'll have to give her that medicine cat name of hers if she keeps this up."

Nettlepaw smiled, but stayed silent. Ashstripe was the best mentor a cat could ever ask for. She could never see herself being trained by any other cat other then Ashstripe. Trailing after Ashstripe since she could walk properly had left Nettlepaw feeling literal kinship with the she-cat, and she could never imagine a better mentor. "It's a one of a kind bond, I suppose."

Ashstripe's smile steadily grew throughout this exchange. "Oh, she doesn't have long to wait," she assured Willowstar on a note of finality. "Seems you're going to have two medicine cats for quite a while."
At Willowstar's latest remark and Nettlepaw's response, she felt her pelt warm with a delight she hadn't allowed herself to feel in long time. She got up and pressed her cheek to Nettlepaw's. "We're family." The only family I ever should've needed.

"Nothing," Brokenwing murmured. "I'm just happy. Really, really happy. It's just so good to see the clan like this again."

~

"Alright, alright. I just don't need my mentor thinking I'm missing that's all. Let's just go, then!" The slightly cold air washed away the Dark Forest dream, leaving Ravenpaw feeling much lighter. While she still wanted to tell Sootstorm, she also wanted to get to the Warming Shore as quick as possible.

~

"Yeah, you're right, it is nice." Lostpaw agreed softly before he gave a quiet laugh. "It's contagious that's for sure, I haven't been this happy in a long time, probably since my early kit days." He noted with amusement, the peace he felt was so oddly nice to him.

~

"If he worries, I'm sure he'll be smart enough to piece together you're with me. I mean we are almost always together when you're not training with him and what is he going to do, get mad at the medicine cat? I think not!" Canopypaw exclaimed playfully before she took a sudden run forward, knowing Ravenpaw would catch up quickly but not really caring about her lack of speed as her skipping little run gave her a sense of freedom.

Ashstripe's smile steadily grew throughout this exchange. "Oh, she doesn't have long to wait," she assured Willowstar on a note of finality. "Seems you're going to have two medicine cats for quite a while."
At Willowstar's latest remark and Nettlepaw's response, she felt her pelt warm with a delight she hadn't allowed herself to feel in long time. She got up and pressed her cheek to Nettlepaw's. "We're family." The only family I ever should've needed.

Willowstar purrpu quietly at the two medicine cats, delighted over seeing them both look happy after everything that's happened. "I'm glad you two have each other then and that the clan's health are in such good caring paws." She then glanced towards the entrance of the den, it sure was getting loud out there in the camp's clearing. "Sounds like the clan's gonna be looking for their leader to celebrate with soon, I better be heading out to them." She paused before she moved to the entrance of the den. "Let me know when you do finally take Nettlepaw for her name, I'm sure we can get an even bigger celebration over a new fully named medicine cat."

A crashing wave of pure delight so strong it threatened to consume her washed over Nettlepaw, a purr rising in her throat. "We are." She murmured, nuzzling her cheek against her mentors. "We most definitely are."

"Yeah, you're right, it is nice." Lostpaw agreed softly before he gave a quiet laugh. "It's contagious that's for sure, I haven't been this happy in a long time, probably since my early kit days." He noted with amusement, the peace he felt was so oddly nice to him.

~

"If he worries, I'm sure he'll be smart enough to peace together you're with me. I mean we are almost always together when you're not training with him and what is he going to do, get mad at the medicine cat? I think not!" Canopypaw exclaimed playfully before she took a sudden run forward, knowing Ravenpaw would catch up quickly but not really caring about her lack of speed as her skipping little run gave her a sense of freedom.

Willowstar purr quietly at the two medicine cats, delightful over seeing them both look happy after everything that's happened. "I'm glad you two have each other then and that the clan's health are in such good caring paws." She then glanced towards the entrance of the den, it sure was getting loud out there in the camp's clearing. "Sounds like the clan's gonna be looking for their leader to celebrate with soon, I better be heading out to them." She paused before she moved to the entrance of the den. "Let me know when you do finally take Nettlepaw for her name, I'm sure we can get an even bigger celebration over a new fully named medicine cat."
Brokenwing felt a twinge of guilt at his words, but silently shook it off, not wanting to ruin the mood. "Ever since the fire...well, I wasn't sure how the clan was going to be. But now...I think everything is going to be alright."

~

"No one get's mad at you, that's for sure, or they'll have the wrath of both Canopypaw and Ravenpaw down on their heads!" Ravenpaw mewled bounding forward with a hop as they slipped out of camp.

Willowstar purrpu quietly at the two medicine cats, delighted over seeing them both look happy after everything that's happened. "I'm glad you two have each other then and that the clan's health are in such good caring paws." She then glanced towards the entrance of the den, it sure was getting loud out there in the camp's clearing. "Sounds like the clan's gonna be looking for their leader to celebrate with soon, I better be heading out to them." She paused before she moved to the entrance of the den. "Let me know when you do finally take Nettlepaw for her name, I'm sure we can get an even bigger celebration over a new fully named medicine cat."

A crashing wave of pure delight so strong it threatened to consume her washed over Nettlepaw, a purr rising in her throat. "We are." She murmured, nuzzling her cheek against her mentors. "We most definitely are."
"Oh, it'll be grand, for sure." Still grinning, Ashstripe gave a parting nod after Willowstar. "Perhaps I'll have some news tomorrow to accompany my reappearance."

Back
Top Bottom