★help!!! What Is This????★

snaphu

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Langley
I have an Australorpe hen with a soft large looking growth below her cloaca!!!
idunno.gif
I just noticed it yesterday... she is eating, socializing like there is nothing wrong with her! I've now isolated her :[

60955_dscn1542.jpg

any suggestions, diagnoses, ideas are greatly appreciated!!!

thanks in advance
Sue

Looks like it could be an abscess from an old wound...I'm not sure what to do...maybe warm compresses and an oral antibiotic? Can you get her to a vet? Hopefully someone will chime in with more advice.

I agree, it looks as though it may have been something before, but it seems -other than a little unsightly- that she's fine. There's no blood or anything, but still just watch it to make sure it's not something more.

I really have no clue but a warm soak would not hurt. A chickens temp is around 105 so make the water pretty warm. I would also give her a boiled egg with some vits and elyctrolytes in the water. Is it squishy? It almost looks like it could be lanced in the one off white oval on the right side. I would say she needs some kind of antibotic.

i wouldn't say egg bound. does the wound feel hot to the touch (hotter than the rest of the chicken?) if so, it's infected and should possibly be lanced (if there's an abcess) and treated with antibiotics. I agree with the warm bath.

Quote:
yep... not "egg bound" because when I checked on her tonight in her isolation crate, she had layed an egg...
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom