✅Do More Save Less Challenge - Coming Soon

Pics
I was able to donate two large garbage bags of stuff I didn't need this week. I tend to keep some kind of donation container in the corner of our office and I put stuff there that I don't need until it's full and then I donate it. Feel so nice to pass a long stuff I'm not using.
Today I'm going to focus to get all the surfaces clear in the kitchen. It's ridiculous how stuff lands on the counter and ends up living there!
20211231_091458.jpg

I’m hopeful that I don’t run into much of that…..I try to use up main stuff pretty quickly and feed leftovers to critters by next grocery trip. Current fridge just has busted up plastic parts and a bad door seal. But when we looked at fixing that stuff, it was nearly as much as a new fridge :th
Yeah I fixed one , gaskets were half the cost back in the 90s, needs new ones again but no longer available.

Yeah I fixed one , gaskets were half the cost back in the 90s, needs new ones again but no longer available.
Yeah new gaskets alone were around $300 and replacement shelves/drawers like $200 each and not absolutely sure they would be right and my luck something bigger would break if I did all that :th

Yeah new gaskets alone were around $300 and replacement shelves/drawers like $200 each and not absolutely sure they would be right and my luck something bigger would break if I did all that :th
After 40+ years my refrigerator gaskets are still good. I did break the lid to the produce drawer but fixed it by gluing on a piece of Lexan.

After 40+ years my refrigerator gaskets are still good. I did break the lid to the produce drawer but fixed it by gluing on a piece of Lexan.
I’m hopeful that this will be the last refrigerator I have to buy since I no longer have littles climbing, spilling, etc. but unfortunately, the quality is not necessarily better 40 years later 😂

I’m hopeful that this will be the last refrigerator I have to buy since I no longer have littles climbing, spilling, etc. but unfortunately, the quality is not necessarily better 40 years later 😂
Back when, they were supposedly built with an intended 10 year lifespan. My understanding is that today's models are built with an expected 5 year lifespan.

Back when, they were supposedly built with an intended 10 year lifespan. My understanding is that today's models are built with an expected 5 year lifespan.
My current one is over 10 years, the shed fridge is probably closer to 15 and has been in the shed for at least 7+????? I tried not to go overly fancy with the new one because that’s just more stuff to break or become outdated 😂

I looking to buy a new washer and dryer. They have way too many cycle selection possibilities. I just want it to wash the clothes well, and dry them without bankrupting me with electricity. Too many electronic things to go wrong. Some of them I would insist they be able not only wash, dry, but also sort, fold, and put away the laundry without losing any socks.

Back
Top Bottom