āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

View attachment 1871368 total 12 in the brooder.....I opened 1 late quitter but left other eggs in for another 24 or so hours just in case. 19 button eggs went in with them for lockdown!! candled day 8 homegrown batch.....trashed 1 clear and a couple possible quitters left in for further inspection. myshire mix set tonight. (included 2 celadon eggs so :fl)View attachment 1871367View attachment 1871370
My little popeye baby.....has anyone seen this type defect before??
@BantyChooks
This was like your ET right?

11 hatched so far and still going. Some in the brooder and some still in the incubator. DW sent me some pics.
20190808_100339.jpg
20190808_100317.jpg

I had an accident today.
I lost 13 quail but the dogs only ate 6.:rolleyes:

I went ahead and took apart my too heavy first ever cage build.
IMG_20190808_161601.jpg
IMG_20190808_161546.jpg

The accident was this:

The stand thing I built to hold the cages folded/broke on me which caused the cages to come crashing down. A door got flung open and the dogs ate.
:rolleyes:
Screenshot_20190808-121833.png

Oh, no! Did it actually collapse on you? I hope you're okay! :hugs

I've already been on forced bedrest for what seems like a lifetime. (Just the last 6 days) I would have really been dead if those heavy things fell on me.

If I would have been able to move quicker and got outside faster then my dogs probably wouldn't have eaten as many.

I got to see a dog chomping and swallowing, almost whole, the last quail.
I was ready to kill him for a second but...at least he didn't cause the mess.

I'm pissed off because I saw the leg of the table bending and I should have prevented it from collapsing.

I've already been on forced bedrest for what seems like a lifetime. (Just the last 6 days) I would have really been dead if those heavy things fell on me.

If I would have been able to move quicker and got outside faster then my dogs probably wouldn't have eaten as many.

I got to see a dog chomping and swallowing, almost whole, the last quail.
I was ready to kill him for a second but...at least he didn't cause the mess.

I'm pissed off because I saw the leg of the table bending and I should have prevented it from collapsing.
:hugs:hitso sorry!! itā€™s so frustrating when things like that happen

Back
Top Bottom