➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Hint: she slurps down unformed eggs from inside a dead chicken 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
My grandmother has talked about their family (prob german background) doing this at butchering season. They couldn't wait for their mom to scoop the eggs out! They also ate liver, cows tongue, and other disgusting stuff...I guess when you're poor, you eat all you can! We waste a lot now that our ancestors would've been delighted to have!

My grandmother has talked about their family (prob german background) doing this at butchering season. They couldn't wait for their mom to scoop the eggs out! They also ate liver, cows tongue, and other disgusting stuff...I guess when you're poor, you eat all you can! We waste a lot now that our ancestors would've been delighted to have!
Yeah, that makes sense. And honestly I can see liver and cow tongue and all that since at least it’s cooked but I just can’t get past the raw part. Maybe once the eggs are cooked it would be okay. The raw part just gets me especially after being inside the dead chicken. Idk. I think it’s maybe a germ/safety thing for me too ?? I won’t even eat raw regular eggs inside a shell 😂

I am sure the people that do eat it really enjoy it and that it’s important to them and that’s fine, I have no issues with that. I just, personally, could not do it. There’s plenty of American foods I find disgusting too so it’s not just that. Seafood especially lobster is also a huge no from me. And mint jelly. 🤮 and clams? NO WAY. The texture throws me off. Most people find my mayonnaise consumption disgusting. 😜😂 I actually do too and have since cut back a lot 😂
Haha, I can’t eat any of the stuff you listed, it’s all gross and slimy to me. I also cringe when I see people putting butter on foods, I can eat it melted, like garlic bread or cooked in food, if I eat bread, it’s like a thin microscopic scrape across the bread, but my grandmother used to put a whole layer as thick as a pat of butter across her bread, and you could like see the shape of her teeth in the layer like a mold after she bit it. Too much for me. I also don’t eat burgers, ground beef grosses me out too. I do understand I’m the weird one though.

Okay, I got the darn cups on. Problem; apparently I am one cup short of having enough for this project. Ugh. I ordered more.

Oh, and did I mention that my PVC cutters have stopped working correctly?

This darn auto watering system is being extremely difficult, lol.

Okay, I got the darn cups on. Problem; apparently I am one cup short of having enough for this project. Ugh. I ordered more.

Oh, and did I mention that my PVC cutters have stopped working correctly?

This darn auto watering system is being extremely difficult, lol.
This is sounding like every single project I try. :hugs

Cow's tongue is so not cheap here.

Haha, I can’t eat any of the stuff you listed, it’s all gross and slimy to me. I also cringe when I see people putting butter on foods, I can eat it melted, like garlic bread or cooked in food, if I eat bread, it’s like a thin microscopic scrape across the bread, but my grandmother used to put a whole layer as thick as a pat of butter across her bread, and you could like see the shape of her teeth in the layer like a mold after she bit it. Too much for me. I also don’t eat burgers, ground beef grosses me out too. I do understand I’m the weird one though.
We are surprisingly similar :lau 🥰 I could not eat that much butter! OMG! I do have a bad tendency to overuse it when cooking but, like you, I can not stand it if it’s not melted. My pet peeve is when it’s on toast and a teeny little part doesn’t melt so you get a bite of not melted butter 😂🤮 my mom always puts soooo much butter on stuff. I like just a little haha but I will still eat it. Just won’t like it 😂

Back
Top Bottom