➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

i moved the babies to shed hutch this morning too! We finished the deck rails tonight and picked up supplies to start on aviary frame tomorrow evening. HAL eggs due for lockdown tomorrow night as well. The Mother’s day eggs due to arrive on Thursday (30 SSC and 30 Mix)....It’s about time for me to figure out how many boys there are and which ones get to stay! I only know 3 for sure that I’ve caught crowing and chasing. My little “Pi” managed another escape (not exactly sure when or how) but we found him waiting patiently at the fence this morning when we went out to feed. View attachment 1741099we couldn’t find any holes underneath that he could’ve squeezed through so only guess is that he slipped out the gate as we were grabbing cockerels yesterday and hid under the deck until this morning!
I have a couple that look like they will be similar to this one! Is this a keeper or dinner? You sure lucked out that he stayed around!

I have a couple that look like they will be similar to this one! Is this a keeper or dinner? You sure lucked out that he stayed around!
yes it is truly amazing that he is still around as this is at least twice now he’s managed to pull off an escape!! definitely a keeper for now as I absolutely love his unique coloring and personality! I will probably start taking out feather sexable boys first keeping 1 of each color. From my first hatch I kept the prettiest pharaoh boy. Definitely keeping Falbio as my falb-fee male from January hatch. Pi’s group is right around 9 weeks old so the males should be revealing themselves soon!!

We need proof!
:wee
5E1D5B8D-8931-4E03-A0BE-DD223FC94944.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom