➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

@Kiki how come you put dirt in your brooder with your chicks?

I just put another 36 eggs in the brooder 😵
They need a toy.
They like to play in the dirt.

I like to give them dirt ASAP so they get used to it before I put them outside in more dirt.

I have wire bottom cages but I pretty much cover the floor with dirt boxes.

@Kiki how come you put dirt in your brooder with your chicks?

I just put another 36 eggs in the brooder 😵
Do you have any pictures of the new babies?
How many did you set?
Can I add your hatch stats to our Google sheet?

Ah, okay, just asking, lol. I use a coffee/spice grinder now, I got tired after using mortar & pestle for the 1st several months of quail raising! They do go through the powdered stuff fast, huh?
View attachment 2011352
I am about done with hammering feed but I'll do it a couple more days because they make less mes with it in smaller pieces.

Me me me!
My wife doesn’t want to eat quail anymore she talked about eating a lot less meat in the future like she might try going vegetarian or vegan the reason she doesn’t want to eat quail she said I helped some of those poor babies to hatch why just so the can become dinner. Then she said I’ll eat the eggs though and I asked her what happens when they quit laying she said we put out to pasture I was like but then something else is going to eat them why let that thing eat them but you not eat them arghhhh my wife might be trying to move me into a new lifestyle I don’t think I like it

My wife doesn’t want to eat quail anymore she talked about eating a lot less meat in the future like she might try going vegetarian or vegan the reason she doesn’t want to eat quail she said I helped some of those poor babies to hatch why just so the can become dinner. Then she said I’ll eat the eggs though and I asked her what happens when they quit laying she said we put out to pasture I was like but then something else is going to eat them why let that thing eat them but you not eat them arghhhh my wife might be trying to move me into a new lifestyle I don’t think I like it
We have different diets in this house too.
Just set them for you to eat.
She can have the eggs...you the meat.

Back
Top Bottom