➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I’ve found one seller that’s got three pairs of Mearns Quail for sale that’s going to the sale in Germany but they aren’t guaranteeing that they are an actual pair yet. They’re still pretty pricy at £780 per pair...especially for a pair that might not be a pair... :th

I really want some so bad but on every advert there’s always something that puts me off. Like people selling 6 hatching eggs for £200+ and they don’t know if they are fertile or not.

I’ll just keep looking and hoping some come up!

Last edited:
I’ve found one seller that’s got three pairs of Mearns Quail for sale that’s going to the sale in Germany but they aren’t guaranteeing that they are an actual pair yet. They’re still pretty pricy at £780...especially for a pair that might not be a pair... :th

I really want some so bad but on every advert there’s always something that puts me off. Like people selling 6 hatching eggs for £200+ and they don’t know if they are fertile or not.

I’ll just keep looking and hoping some come up!
Take your time.

@RUNuts
Guess which one was the boy.
Minus 7 today

Tomorrow minus more.
Boys tend to be smaller. I'll say the 5 ounce one.
Biggest one is nice.
I have these...non refrigerated eggs...for just in case.
Do you want them? Looks like only 5 from big daddy's cage.

Big daddy got four new girlfriends today.
Whew. I was afraid that Big Daddy got axed today. How large are his new ladies? Was that the end of the Lucky line? RIP Lucky! 🍗🍗

Thank you - I will pass on the eggs. What color is Big Daddy? Tibetan? Afraid I've got 3 roosters from the 4 hatchlings. I've got plans!

Set1 has been 2 weeks under lights. The eggs are starting to come a little easier from Set1 with augmented light. I pulled 5 out today from 4 hens. One from early this morning, so I'm hoping she laid late last night and was just a hold over. We have 13 eggs now. But I'm leaning to waiting until the silliness is past. March is full of silliness this year. I'm thinking of waiting until 8 March to set lucky number 13. Might as well make it a large batch.

Now that I look at the calendar, I can time the hatches around the silliness. Hadn't looked at it since 12 was a bust. If I wait until Thursday, I'll have a few more eggs. That wouldn't be too bad, would it? QB#14 could be the big batch for the end of March. If I have a third test hatch, the chances should improve. If I have a small hatching, the big coop is still open. If, if, if....

If wishes were fishes, I'd have some fried.
If wishes were horses, we'd take a ride.

I caught her using her bridge today :love

69C1B7FE-F570-4042-B046-77A4C2E5A9AD.jpeg

3A9AFE66-0127-42B5-AD12-C18BAA6A72BC.jpeg

Boys tend to be smaller. I'll say the 5 ounce one.
Biggest one is nice.
Whew. I was afraid that Big Daddy got axed today. How large are his new ladies? Was that the end of the Lucky line? RIP Lucky! 🍗🍗

Thank you - I will pass on the eggs. What color is Big Daddy? Tibetan? Afraid I've got 3 roosters from the 4 hatchlings. I've got plans!

Set1 has been 2 weeks under lights. The eggs are starting to come a little easier from Set1 with augmented light. I pulled 5 out today from 4 hens. One from early this morning, so I'm hoping she laid late last night and was just a hold over. We have 13 eggs now. But I'm leaning to waiting until the silliness is past. March is full of silliness this year. I'm thinking of waiting until 8 March to set lucky number 13. Might as well make it a large batch.
The girlfriends are not being nice to him. I don't know if this is going to work. Lucky crew no more.
Him.. Rosetta
IMG_20200218_092502.jpg
IMG_20200218_092458.jpg
IMG_20200218_092454.jpg

Back
Top Bottom