➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I suppose I should check before I start, how do most of you handle your shipped eggs?

I had planned on not turning them for 24hrs, temp 99.5 and humidity 35-45% like usual, but I’m still not sure if I should put them on their side and hand turn, on the rollers, or on end in the turner. The cells aren’t terrible. Too many options!
if the air cells are not that bad, i would go ahead and set upright in turner rails if you have them and incubate as normal......i have hatched many shipped eggs (mostly from myshire, but also others) and have let them settle from nearly zero hours all the way to several days with no major difference in overall hatch.

if the air cells are not that bad, i would go ahead and set upright in turner rails if you have them and incubate as normal......i have hatched many shipped eggs (mostly from myshire, but also others) and have let them settle from nearly zero hours all the way to several days with no major difference in overall hatch.
Days Muddy?
I would die.

I said that wrong.
If I trusted my brand new thermometer then I would be running my bator at 96 degrees which is not good.
So it was too low? I have a million thermometer/hygrometer things atm and almost threw them out recently cause I have nowhere to put them and they were annoying me just sitting there 😂🤣 I kept them though cause I figured I might need them if I ever hatched again. Which I probably won’t now but still. Funny too considering all the other stuff everywhere but this one little ziplock baggie of thermometers was annoying me 😂🤣🙈

Days Muddy?
I would die.
i had a time there when my “accidental” win would arrive before space in the incubators was available or the orders were too large for the capacity of my incubator :oops: luckily my bedroom stays around 60* or cooler so i just store them and tip the ends of the box every few days......

@Kiki is very impatient!! but with wonky air cells, I have seen/heard that maybe set upright if possible and wait to start turner for first couple days?? you don’t necessarily have to wait a full 12-24 hours, but should definitely let warm to room temp prior to setting....... @BantyChooks or others may be able to better advise with air cell issue

She’s in good company; I played safe this time, I really want them to hatch (which means they probably wont, you know, Murphy’s law and all that).

Upright makes sense, that’s usually what I do with my shipped eggs. I have a hate on for auto turners this year 😬 I may have to MacGyver something.

Back
Top Bottom