āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

I won! @casportpony I'll take this as my win for the day.
Heā€™s actually pretty excited about it......weā€™re really looking forward to tomorrow because although we SHOULD spend it working and getting ready to go......we plan to spend the entire day by the pool......his seafood place just reopened to pickup orders and he made a deal with DS to pickup his seafood for dinner!

I hope your right. :fl as I said, nutrition and environment could be the reason!
I ordered some Elliot eggs from a well known breeder in Florida. Elliot eggs are rose, light pink shell color. They arrived and they were cream color, it was also late in the season. I knew it was late to be getting eggs but had to try anyway...they all turned out to not be fertile. :th
Also, the more 'shady' sellers will send malformed eggs knowing fully well they won't hatch but they can't do the right thing and not sell them...the dollar is stronger than their reputation! ...and there's really no recourse because shipping eggs is a risky business, so most have the disclaimer that they aren't responsible for the eggs after they leave their hands.
That is pretty awful that people rip others off like that. Believe me I was upset with my ebay purchase of eggs. 4 hatched out of 22 and most were clears! It kind of made me not want to buy eggs anymore online unless its from myshire or someone who is well known.

That is pretty awful that people rip others off like that. Believe me I was upset with my ebay purchase of eggs. 4 hatched out of 22 and most were clears! It kind of made me not want to buy eggs anymore online unless its from myshire or someone who is well known.
I havenā€™t ordered near the eggs that others have, but IMO myshire is basically 1 of a kind that happens to sell on eBay.....they go above and beyond any hatchery or independent when it comes to customer satisfaction, guarantees, and quality!!!!

When Is your hatch state and what color quail are you expecting?
We are expecting Jumbo Coturnix, are lockdown date is May 31st. So far I've been recording temp and humidity for my records. I am using a calibrated digital thermometer for verification, though I am relying on the humidity reading on the incubator.

We purchased 50 hatching eggs from eBay seller longislander, they were packaged well, and even so the post office managed to crack 7. We purchased from them because they have good feedback. We let them settle for 24 hours then placed in our newly acquired Farm Innovators incubator that we purchased quail rails for the automatic turner. I'm hoping for 50% hatch rate and considering any extra a bonus.

I havenā€™t ordered near the eggs that others have, but IMO myshire is basically 1 of a kind that happens to sell on eBay.....they go above and beyond any hatchery or independent when it comes to customer satisfaction, guarantees, and quality!!!!
Iā€™m hoping mine hatch!!! I think theyā€™re mostly all fertile so :D Mine did take like 3 weeks to ship but I didnā€™t mind at all because it actually worked out better for me this way and I knew they were super backlogged. And from what I gather thatā€™s not normal haha I do kind of wish I would have gotten an email or something though just so I would have known but itā€™s okay. He seems like a really nice guy. Iā€™m super excited to see what I get! I love the variety in the eggs. :D

Ebay sellers are the worse. You'll get infertile eggs, not shipped properly(shipped with the air cell down) not packaged properly, mis-shapen eggs, all because the most you can do is hurt their 'feedback' rating...and when it does get low they just come up with a new name. šŸ¤¬

We are expecting Jumbo Coturnix, are lockdown date is May 31st. So far I've been recording temp and humidity for my records. I am using a calibrated digital thermometer for verification, though I am relying on the humidity reading on the incubator.

We purchased 50 hatching eggs from eBay seller longislander, they were packaged well, and even so the post office managed to crack 7. We purchased from them because they have good feedback. We let them settle for 24 hours then placed in our newly acquired Farm Innovators incubator that we purchased quail rails for the automatic turner. I'm hoping for 50% hatch rate and considering any extra a bonus.
Good expectations but šŸ¤žfor more for you!!! Please purchase a separate hygrometer that you can salt-test to ensure accuracy!

Iā€™m hoping mine hatch!!! I think theyā€™re mostly all fertile so :D Mine did take like 3 weeks to ship but I didnā€™t mind at all because it actually worked out better for me this way and I knew they were super backlogged. And from what I gather thatā€™s not normal haha I do kind of wish I would have gotten an email or something though just so I would have known but itā€™s okay. He seems like a really nice guy. Iā€™m super excited to see what I get! I love the variety in the eggs. :D
If you paid though PayPal, it typically shows tracking info once shipped even if you donā€™t get separate email notification.....so for future reference always keep an eye out on there!!! And YES these are crazy times!!!! Luckily they just expanded or there would be no way to keep up with current demand!!! Poor Zack is working 16-20 hours per day!!!

Back
Top Bottom