➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

That looks like a double silver not an albino. The red is probably the yolk sac not organs(slightly less gross I guess). But the red bloody egg sac like that has never ended well for me. Did it perk up at all after hatch? If you want one that had exploded it’s yolk to survive, they need nutrients right away, and very regularly until they’re eating and drinking on their own, and I assume unabsorbed yolk will be similar. I mix water, nutridrench, and some ground up powdered feed, but you want it to remain a thin consistency like water, so not too much feed.
Unfortunately, it was organs and intestines hanging out of the body, the poor chick’s actual abdomen was empty and flat where it would be normally round and full. It was dragging the twisted intestines behind it as it struggled to move... I asked a family member to help me put it out of its misery :/

I think hatching is done, exactly 6 of my own celadon eggs. mostly tuxedos, one may not be a tuxedo, I’ll double check after it fluffs up.

Unfortunately, none of the jumbos made it, one tried to zip, couldn’t and suffocated... it was perfectly formed, but positioned oddly. the other one pipped, but never tried to zip, also died in the shell. I pledged not to help any of this hatch due to the high likelihood of deformities etc, but in hindsight, maybe I should have assisted the jumbos. oh well.

My worst hatch ever, but I learned a lot...

So the AJ eggs are hatching and i moved the first batch to the brooder earlier today. Just went to look and said oh crap I lost one. I poked him twice before he finally got up and took off like a bat outta hell. This dude was out!!! I think even his buddies thought he died :idunno 5BB6F19E-D1B1-46B3-BF6C-E441BB36E34C.jpeg 51888114-8705-4CFD-9655-2FD4E42DB6FE.jpeg 4A604064-3C04-4847-A3F8-993F3CD2C305.jpeg
:lau

Attachments

• B34380AF-F75E-4334-B9A9-F66B9075CFD8.jpeg
    B34380AF-F75E-4334-B9A9-F66B9075CFD8.jpeg
    623.6 KB · Views: 3
Where in CA?
He's the guy that was asking me if I had a website during last night's live.
It was at the end of the live. I hurried up and typed in backyard chickens.com but I'm not sure if he saw it or not.
I said something like this was my hangout.

He just mentioned that he was looking for some eggs and didn't really want to have them shipped across the country.
I told him that you had some eggs. 😃

Cold-weather casualties: 2 quail
1 relatively young but bad feet
1 old (2-3 years)
My other young one with bad feet that I have procrastinated culling is staying close to food and water
Indoor shed is around 40-45* no issues in the subaviary
Wind Chill temp low was 2* supposed to be colder Friday night

Cold-weather casualties: 2 quail
1 relatively young but bad feet
1 old (2-3 years)
My other young one with bad feet that I have procrastinated culling is staying close to food and water
Indoor shed is around 40-45* no issues in the subaviary
Wind Chill temp low was 2* supposed to be colder Friday night
what was the temperature of their enlosure?

Back
Top Bottom