āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

I set up the indoor crate brooder for this hatch because of the sneaky snake attack, and purchase of 10 cornish X chicks. I had a relatively good hatch rate 20/30 +/- shipped eggs. But I put the plate in that Ive been using in the shed and Iā€™m losing/culling chicks like crazy! They get stuck in the legs/base and get lost etc and even though house stays between 70 and 80 they are piling and noisy!

I set up the indoor crate brooder for this hatch because of the sneaky snake attack, and purchase of 10 cornish X chicks. I had a relatively good hatch rate 20/30 +/- shipped eggs. But I put the plate in that Ive been using in the shed and Iā€™m losing/culling chicks like crazy! They get stuck in the legs/base and get lost etc and even though house stays between 70 and 80 they are piling and noisy!
You should know quail are no good with heat plates. Throw it away. šŸ˜„

So it begins

Attachments

• IMG_20220817_063426926.jpg
    IMG_20220817_063426926.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 1
Didn't plan on hatching any quail but I set 49 Sunday, some I know are not fertile but don't know which ones are or not! Crazy birds start dust bathing and dig their way into an adjacent pen. :barnie As long as they aren't trying to kill each other, I just let them go from one pen to the other....I'm too lazy to cover the holes back up. :oops:

It's not intentional but should have some interesting chicks hatch, as there are Tennessee Reds, Snowflakes, Mexican Speckled, and Texas Chestnut Bellied Blue Scale, all getting 'into the mix'.

Back
Top Bottom