āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Usually $20 per laying hen. Roos are usually bonus birds, no charge. Farm store down the road had Coturnix chicks for $12 each, and another store asked me if I'd be interested in hatching -- the last set someone brought in sold out in under a day.

Could be that egg shortage has folks spooked, I'm guessing. Safeway sells a dozen chicken eggs for $14.99.

Usually $20 per laying hen. Roos are usually bonus birds, no charge. Farm store down the road had Coturnix chicks for $12 each, and another store asked me if I'd be interested in hatching -- the last set someone brought in sold out in under a day.

Could be that egg shortage has folks spooked, I'm guessing. Safeway sells a dozen chicken eggs for $14.99.
And I thought that I lived in SuperExpensiveLand. I do remember it being even more expensive in Honolulu when I lived there now that I think about it.

I'm starting to get inquiries about quail up here. Time to get hatching, so I invested in eggs fro Myahire and Southwest Gamebirds.

I need to build some more pens. I'm thinking PVC and hardware cloth since they'll be in the greenhouse. I need to build more garden beds too.
Get the grey, UV stabilized PVC for longevity. The white stuff cracks about a year in the sun.

Back
Top Bottom